Need help please!!!! 2011 mbp

Julie Waters

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
My MBP 2011 will not start up properly. I updated the software, as was suggested, and ever since then when I turn it on I get a gray screen with the circle and line through it then it goes to my utilities screen and says something about my hard drive not being mounted. I've followed the diagnostic suggestions that I felt comfortable doing, since I'm not very computer savvy, and no luck. Can anyone help please?!

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Rather sounds like your HDD might be failed/failing. If you can manage to complete the tasks here, https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201257, this will run a hardware test and show you what the issue might be.

I'm afraid that a trip to your Genius Bar or other PC repair shop might be in your future. The one bit of good news, the HDD is replaceable in the 2011 MacBook Pro, so a repair might not be that expensive (if you are planning to keep the machine for a few more years, make sure you put an SSD in it).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

psamo

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
My MBP 2011 will not start up properly. I updated the software, as was suggested, and ever since then when I turn it on I get a gray screen with the circle and line through it then it goes to my utilities screen and says something about my hard drive not being mounted. I've followed the diagnostic suggestions that I felt comfortable doing, since I'm not very computer savvy, and no luck. Can anyone help please?!
But it worked before the update right !.. I think it's not hardware failure.It may be a software crash.May be a format can help you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711