MacBook Pro 15" 2016 Video/Touchbar Errors

kalel715

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I have been using my new 15" MB Pro 2016 for the last few days and have experienced two odd video issues in that time. The first occurred while I was browsing through some files in the Finder. The screen began to flash and the computer became unresponsive. I've attached a video:

The second occurred with the Touch Bar icons suddenly showing up in random parts of the main LCD display. I've attached an image here.

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 7.41.19 PM.png

Has anyone else experienced this? I know I can still bring the computer back to Apple, but hate to do it since it will take so long to get a replacement machine with my specs.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have been using my new 15" MB Pro 2016 for the last few days and have experienced two odd video issues in that time. The first occurred while I was browsing through some files in the Finder. The screen began to flash and the computer became unresponsive. I've attached a video:

The second occurred with the Touch Bar icons suddenly showing up in random parts of the main LCD display. I've attached an image here.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know I can still bring the computer back to Apple, but hate to do it since it will take so long to get a replacement machine with my specs.

I suggest trying a NVRAM reset to try and resolve the issue. Here is a guide by Apple on how to do it on a late 2016 MBP. It has changed how the procedure is done on your model. If this does not resolve the issue, it could be a hardware issue with the graphics card and I would make a Genius appointment to have it looked at.

kalel715

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I suggest trying a NVRAM reset to try and resolve the issue. Here is a guide by Apple on how to do it on a late 2016 MBP. It has changed how the procedure is done on your model. If this does not resolve the issue, it could be a hardware issue with the graphics card and I would make a Genius appointment to have it looked at.

Of course! The NVRAM. I always forget about that. Ok. I will give it a try. Thank you for the tip and link. I appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711