MacBook Pro or iPad Pro?

Which should I get?

• Total voters

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
My main needs for a computer are portability, web posting, and occasionally presentation to a group. Would I be better off with an iPad Pro with keyboard or a MacBook Pro. Help me out everyone!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Do you need the speed and power of a MBP? Do you need to connect a wired external display?

If not, at that point, you'd be better off with the 12.9" iPad Pro with the smart keyboard. (The smallest MBP is 13.3", so the screen size is pretty much the same).

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
My main needs for a computer are portability, web posting, and occasionally presentation to a group. Would I be better off with an iPad Pro with keyboard or a MacBook Pro. Help me out everyone!

Macbook Pro 13" (2016) OR iPad Pro

Portability ✔
Web Posting Ability ✔
Presentations Ability (+ Dongle) ✔

I personally would go with the Macbook Pro. Simple because it runs a full desktop OS vs. a mobile OS on a big screen.

olearydan

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I know there's a lot of votes here for the MBP but from the sounds of it I think you'd do just fine with an iPad Pro. It sounds like it'll do everything you need it to do and certainly gives you the portability you're looking for at a much cheaper price. One thing you might want to consider is storage space in the iPad if you do accumulate a lot of files for those presentations.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know there's a lot of votes here for the MBP but from the sounds of it I think you'd do just fine with an iPad Pro. It sounds like it'll do everything you need it to do and certainly gives you the portability you're looking for at a much cheaper price. One thing you might want to consider is storage space in the iPad if you do accumulate a lot of files for those presentations.

I'm in agreement with you...

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I own both devices and the iPad pro works great for me on the go I have the 4g model and don't leave home without it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely worried about running iOS vs macOS.

I have both and my iPad Pro gets way more use. Get a Smart Keyboard and try it out for a week or two. If you feel like the iPad Pro isn't meeting your needs then return it within the 14 day return period and get a MacBook Pro. I think you'll be fine though.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

For those uses, seems like an iPad Pro would be sufficient.

wkelly24

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Though the iPad Pro is getting closer to the capabilities of the Mac, I would feel more comfortable with more advanced application features as well as a file system on the iPad Pro. I'd go with the MBP.

Baltiervaan

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
macbook pro is one of the powerful laptop today. it will serve you well plus the newly added touchbar. if youre just editing your photos and playing games, face time and dont need for the extra things a mac can do, go for the ipad pro. but it doesnt mean ipad pro is just like a regular ipad. there is a thing that macbook pro cant do that an ipad can: you can use the display as your drawing pad using a apple pencil. for artists and for those who write all the time. ipad pro is your best bet

the_woollster

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
100% mbp. If you're really concerned about portability go for the 12" Mac but I bring my 13" mbp everywhere and the slightly larger dimensions are simply not a problem. Plus, the mobile OS is just awful compared to Sierra.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234