Help Installing New SSD

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Please all advice are welcomed. I have a MacBook Pro which has an HDD inside but I want to change it to an SSD. I'm new to this. How can I put in the new SSD and get exactly my OS installation that was on the HDD without missing any file
I have boot camp installed anyway
Any advice. Anyone ever tried this please help!!!

GiuTec

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Please all advice are welcomed. I have a MacBook Pro which has an HDD inside but I want to change it to an SSD. I'm new to this. How can I put in the new SSD and get exactly my OS installation that was on the HDD without missing any file
I have boot camp installed anyway
Any advice. Anyone ever tried this please help!!!

Hi

I did this with few Macbook and the best way to not missing any file is using software like Superduper or Carbon Copy.

When you buy the new SSD make sure to buy a cable USB to Sata with it (average price 9 euro) so you can copy your old HHD to your new one before to starting your installation.
After cloning your HDD you can test your SSD and eventually boatload trough Usb before you start your installation so you will be sure that everything works fine.

The replacement is very easy and quick as well is worth all the money time and effort.

I hope that will help if you have any more question let me know and I'll see if I can help

GiuTec

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I did this with few Macbook and the best way to not missing any file is using software like Superduper or Carbon Copy.

When you buy the new SSD make sure to buy a cable USB to Sata with it (average price 9 euro) so you can copy your old HHD to your new one before to starting your installation.
After cloning your HDD you can test your SSD and eventually boatload trough Usb before you start your installation so you will be sure that everything works fine.

The replacement is very easy and quick as well is worth all the money time and effort.

I hope that will help if you have any more question let me know and I'll see if I can help

GiuTec

Thank I will try that.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I want to ask after using the super duper even my installation on the HDD will be on SSD or it just copies just the files from the old HDD?

Viraj Chopra

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi - am replacing my Mac Mini late 2012 HDD with a Samsung Evo 500 gb SDD. So I buy the SDD, the USB to SATA cable and super duper or carbon copy) Then I format the Samsung 500 gb SDD to Mac OS Journaled (by connecting it to the Mac Mini, powering the Mac Mini, pressing Command R, disk utility, selecting Samsung 500 gb SDD). Then what should I do? My objective is to physically remove the SATA HDD and replace it with the SDD. I can see the physical removal and replacement process on youtube. I'll use SD or Carbon C to clone the Mac Mini HDD on the SDD. Then can I just physically replace, power on, control R.... then what happens?? Just want to know before I start. thx

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods