I've used the new MacBook Pros! Ask me anything!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How realistic is using the Touch Bar in typical day to day computing, i.e., office work, email, web browsing, educational research, etc.?

That's what I'm wondering... not like you know exactly where keys are all the way up there, but if you can do it without looking. You lose the "touch" aspect of a key when it's software based like that. But I'm still excited about that feature although I already bought two MBP this year ;)

Howie Billard

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi Rene,

Everything was going fine yesterday as I was watching the keynote until the prices came up. $2299 CAD for the model I'd have to get to match what I have now. I'm wondering what in this machine would make you buy this over the 2015 model costing $1799?

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
You only spent an hour, so not sure if you can really answer yet, but: is the larger version a burden to lug around? I remember when I got my first white MacBook. Carrying it and the power supply became a burden for anything over a couple hours. Is it light enough where you won't really notice it?

timja

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
That touch bar looks like it might be very useful for music production software like Pro Tools. Did you hear anything about this Rene?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know yet!!! Portability vs. power is such a hard choice sometimes!

Which one should I get?

I'm on the fence here too!! Portability is huge since I travel so much, you as well, but power is what we live for LOL. I chose power over portability a few years ago and it became a pain. I ended up buying a new MBA to travel with. My boyfriend thinks we should go with power again, he carries that brick of a 15" we have everywhere. I'm kind of leaning toward power too. I know the tricks of the trade with travel now, so it's not as cumbersome as it use to be. No taking it out the bag & the newer machine does have a smaller footprint.

With all that being said, I guess I'm voting for power LOL

amankh

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Was looking forward to the new MacBook Pro and I still am. However, the starting price for the 13" model seems high at $1799.99. Thoughts?

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick comment: The iMore team of: You, Lory, Mika, Serenity did an excellent job of educating us on the new MacBook Pros. Look forward to more from iMore!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen