I've used the new MacBook Pros! Ask me anything!

ricburton

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Thank Rene!

What were you favorite uses for the Touch Bar?

Did you see or use any apps that used TouchID for authentication?

Do you know why the Escape key indented from the left? Is that indent a design choice or because the Touch Bar starts that far in?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How realistic is using the Touch Bar in typical day to day computing, i.e., office work, email, web browsing, educational research, etc.?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
How's the key movement on the keyboard? Do you think it will get the Andy Ihnatko seal of approval?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Thank Rene!

What were you favorite uses for the Touch Bar?

Did you see or use any apps that used TouchID for authentication?

Do you know why the Escape key indented from the left? Is that indent a design choice or because the Touch Bar starts that far in?

I LOVED how timeline editing, and photo and browser thumbnails showed up.

No apps with Touch ID yet, alas.

That's where the Touch Bar starts. Balances Touch ID on the other side.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Rene

How customized can the touch bar be? By this I mean are there limitations to the amount of buttons that can be added to it. Apps like Photoshop would be nice not to be limited. Another question, are all the keyboard shortcuts still available? Thanks!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Rene

How customized can the touch bar be? By this I mean are there limitations to the amount of buttons that can be added to it. Apps like Photoshop would be nice not to be limited. Another question, are all the keyboard shortcuts still available? Thanks!

It's "limited" by physical size, but it can scroll, so devs can do pretty much anything they can dream up and AppKit supports.

Keyboard shortcuts all still there, unless devs remove them, which they won't since everyone else still needs them :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR