Are you going to buy the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID?

Are you going to buy the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID?

• Yes

Votes: 41 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 18.1%

• Total voters

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Simple question here! Please vote and share your reasoning with us. Do the improved specs and features make the new MacBook Pro worth your hard earned dollar? Or are you completely fine with your current setup? Sound off!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I am due for a new MacBook. I was waiting to see what came forward at this event. It does offer me enough to consider getting one. Now I just need to decide what configuration I will get.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt I'll be purchasing one of the new MacBook Pro models anytime soon. 95% of my computing needs can be done via my iPhone and my iPad Pro. Having said that, the new MBP model are enticing, but aren't a necessity for me at this point.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I've been waiting for today, before buying an addition to my Apple suite of devices. But, I'll stick with looking at a MacBook Air (2015) or MacBook Pro (2015). These 2016 model prices are too much for me.

Plus I don't need a powerhouse MacBook since I have an iMac 27" 2TB

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I am ready to replace my Mac, and I am happy of what I heard today. But I just cannot decide whether I should get a 13" or 15", and I cannot decide whether a Silver or Space Gray?

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I am certainly planning (hoping) to get one. Like many I don't necessarily find the Touchbar hugely necessary, but I've needed a new Macbook for some time now (mine is 5 years old and I just started a PhD program). I'm just thrilled about the idea of a retina macbook pro that is thinner, lighter, supposedly gets better battery life, space gray, and finally has a P3 screen. The Touchbar is just bonus, we'll see how it feels!

Casey Henry

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My current 15-inch MacBook Pro spends 95% of its time connected to an external keyboard, mouse, and display on my desk, so I'm thinking I wouldn't get much use out of the new Touch Bar. Also, I have exactly zero devices with USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 connectors, so that would be a major headache as well.

mpnine

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently running a 2008 aluminum MacBook and a 2006 first gen Intel iMac, so we're way over due for an upgrade. I'll definitely get the Touch Bar version, 13", because of the faster memory and processor. I'm planning on having it as another 8 year+ piece of hardware.

brazucaz

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I really want the new MacBook pro... I am still using the 2011 MacBook Pro model... And it is starting to become very slow and laggy... I would love a new one

ZachSimone

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Probably. I regretted not getting the latest and greatest - Retina MacBook Pro - in 2012 (when I last bought a Mac) and don't want to regret this purchase. This means I'll probably go with the one with the Touch Bar. While I don't care for the Touch Bar at the moment, Touch ID will be a nice addition to the Mac.

FrankDeG

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Considering I don't currently have a Mac, I am definitely interested. In the market for a new laptop and this would be my pick.

unashamedgeek

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting a 15" MacBook Pro. I had a MacBook Air back in 2012 and it was fine for a bit, but I ended up going with a Surface Pro 3 when it came out. It hasn't been as good and has given me more problems than I expected for a system directly from Microsoft. But the real reason I'm getting it is that I do web application security testing for a living and I'm jumping into more mobile application testing and X Code is needed to be good at it. I'm looking forward to it. I won't order for a bit though until I see reviews around the different dGPUs so that I can decide what is best for me. Oh, I know I'll be buying over kill for my base needs, but I want it to be.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Really, I don't think how that touch bar is gonna be useful for the masses. It is gonna be useful just for a small group of people you know. If I had a 2015 MacBook Pro I would probably not gonna upgrade. But if so it's gonna be just because of the performance and not because of the touch bar.

rob1974

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Probably. My Mac mini is getting a little slow. I don't think it will be able to handle Final Cut and iMovie has gotten horrible.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the 15" MBP Space Gray yesterday morning. The delivery date has been pushed back to 3-4 weeks now.

The Touch ID is a great idea, but then I have an Apple Watch which allows me to log on automatically anyway. Yes, I know it also allow us to use Apple Pay. But then most places I shop accept PayPal which has OneTouch set up (actually it is one "Click").

I am not sure if I like the Touch Bar or not. It is yet to see after some actual usage. If I were the designer of this thingie, I will put it closer to the trackpad, probably between the Space Bar and the trackpad, for minimal travel of our hands. Hey Apple, if you read and implement this idea, I want the credit. Ha ha.

Regardless, I think this is the best MBP ever made.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner