Which MacBook Pro will you be going for?

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Apple switched things up a bit this time around so which MacBook Pro will you be going for? Traditional or are you all in on the TouchBar?

The new MacBook Pro is slimmer, with smaller speakers, and feature a Retina display touch strip above its keyboard called the Touch Bar, which can provide a multitude of abilities depending on the app you're using. The company is also introducing a version of the 13-inch MacBook Pro with traditional function keys for $1,499. The MacBook Pros with Touch Bar start at $1,799 for the 13-inch model and $2,399 for the 15-inch laptop.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Apple is going to price me out they need to get with the program ! Google chrome book is looking better and better when my MacBook Pro dies!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Apple switched things up a bit this time around so which MacBook Pro will you be going for? Traditional or are you all in on the TouchBar?

Definitely the 13" Inch version. Even if the price did not matter. Simply because the smaller form factor is great. Plus, that track pad on the 15" inch kinda scares me lol. is so FREAKING big. Its like you can log in using your hand instead of a fingerprint lol.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

Definitely the 13" Inch version with Touch Tar... even if the price did not matter. Simply because the smaller form factor is great. Plus, that track pad on the 15" inch kinda scares me lol. is so FREAKING big. Its like you can log in using your hand instead of a fingerprint lol.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm edging towards the new 13 without the touch bar. As a geek it pains me somewhat to miss out on the new feature but then my rational side kicks in and questions how much I actually need it versus the significant step in price; the answer being not at all. I'll be upgrading from a 2012 MBA (i7) so it should be a significant upgrade even just with the base specs

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a 13" from 2013, and this time around I'd love to try the 15" out when it's time. Maybe the middle model with the 512GB SSD. Kinda bummed that it's maxed at 16GB of ram though.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Moving from a Macbook Air to a 15" Pro, if I can figure out the finances of it. I've missed having a larger screen and a more beefy GPU, and with the size and weight reduction, it's only a 1 pound increase in my bag at this point.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
This decision is actually tying me in knots. Earlier in the thread I said the new one without the touch bar and yet when I think about it the slower CPU, RAM and graphics all bother me. The touch bar is actually the upgrade that I'm least interested in but I probably should buy that machine for the other specs. Then I think that ?1749 (UK) is crazy money and maybe I should hang on to my 2012 MBA and buy a gaming PC for half that money and run the MBA until it dies. I'm not a huge gamer but I could transfer my Creative Cloud to PC and let it run Photoshop too and just use the MBA as a hub for my Apple devices. In short I have no idea what to buy...maybe I'll go live in cave completely free of technology instead!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
13" touchbar model with 16GB RAM & Applecare.
This thing is going to be a huge upgrade for me and I got some pretty insane pricing with education discounts and the favourable Canadian exchange rate that Apple's currently offering.
My 6 year old Macbook Pro is on its last legs, but has been a real trooper.
Hopefully this new one will last me another 5-6 years.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Im looking at the 15 inch with 512gb and radeon pro 460. !tb would have been awesome but i just cannot justify the $400 price difference. My current MBP is a little over 6 years old so it is definitely about time.
Apple care is a must especially with a new design like this one.

Baltiervaan

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
as for me. i like the touch bar, yeah it costs us more. it's worth everything from switching function keys to great options for my 3d modeling, photo editing and multimedia projects. it will always up to your need and preference. it's just sad that the regular has only 2 ports. i often use 3 port at the same time.

cheekymeeko

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I've never had one either but I'm kind of torn. The sensible thing would be to get the smaller version since I like to travel a lot and it would be more portable. On the other hand, I'm one of those go big or go home kind of people, and feel as if I would be missing out as far as real estate for the device.

ElenaCanada

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
When I can actually afford one, I'd probably go with the 13-inch Touch Bar model! 13-inch is so much more portable! But at the same time, 15-inch would be nice in a lot of ways. I'd have to try them out first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR