How do you feel about the New MacBook Pro pricing?

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
As mentioned by some people above, the HP Spectre is a compelling option at its price point. If Apple had sliced the 15" price down to the $1100-1500 range, then it's quite worth it. At the moment, though I like the concept, I don't have much of a use case of the Touch Bar, and certainly can't justify the premium to have that feature.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to max out a 15" but then I realized I could make a sweet battlestation for the same price....

"That's no MacBook Pro...It's a spacestation"

The more I think about this, the more of a disaster I think these devices are. The lack of ports make this a non-Professional computer.

Go Illini, BTW (I'm a Fossil, FYI)

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned by some people above, the HP Spectre is a compelling option at its price point. If Apple had sliced the 15" price down to the $1100-1500 range, then it's quite worth it. At the moment, though I like the concept, I don't have much of a use case of the Touch Bar, and certainly can't justify the premium to have that feature.

I can't see Apple ever bringing a 15" laptop down to the $1100 range. If they ever do, I'll be first in line!

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Maybe I'm price sensitive, but it's just crazy that they have no updated laptop that is under $1k. The MBA has to appeal to a huge number of users if they would only update the thing...I would love a mac, but there's no way I can justify that price.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Are you talking about the pro or just the macbook? For my use case, the macbook is spot on what I need, but even it's pricing seems crazy high.

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
For the first time there a really great Windows PC on the market, and except for Microsoft, they all seem cheaper for sale specs. Now they do all come with Windows, but it makes it hard to spend money $3000 for top 15" or $2000 for top normal key 13". I know MacBook Pro is the right answer, but hard to convince the people in charge of the money at my office.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'm price sensitive, but it's just crazy that they have no updated laptop that is under $1k. The MBA has to appeal to a huge number of users if they would only update the thing...I would love a mac, but there's no way I can justify that price.

Considering the 2015 MacBook 12" can be had for under $1k, and it still sells (ie: was on Woot! recently), there's certainly a market for this or an MBA in the sub-$1k range.

Edit: Speaking of Woot!... https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ooks-7%3Fref%3Dcp_cnt_wp_11_14&token=uUcFpY90

Altergeist

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hmm I think it's perhaps a little steep for the top end models. I just configured one to it's highest spec and it had easily passed ?4000. Rather a lot of money, at least for me at the moment. I would like the new one despite my reservations about the ports situation, but I just can't afford that at the moment.

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

I think Apple will always keep one laptop under $1k, but it will never be the newest and greatest. I think we'll start to see the iPhone pricing model applied. As new laptops are introduced, the old versions will be bumped down the price spectrum.

semperidem

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm holding out hope that by the time I am ready to upgrade the price will drop similar to how it did with the macbook air. Right now, I think the price increases are risky if they want people to invest in the machines, especially because many people realize that it will be difficult at the start with the amount of adapters.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal