How do you feel about the New MacBook Pro pricing?

MrAdamsD

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I was really excited for the new MacBook Pro and I still am. But the starting price for the 13" seems a bit pricey. Starting at $1799.99 seems a kinda high. What do you guys think?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I will have to agree on the base price. By the time you add a few upgrades it is going to be out of a lot of peoples price range. I was going to maybe purchase one, but the BTO I would need is going to be expensive. Still up in the air though.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I was expecting the new MBP's to be more expensive. I don't currently have any plans to buy one (though I'd love it I'm sure), but the pricing seemed just about right. Just my opinion though!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Too rich for my blood. And the touch strip didn't wow me enough for me to even try and justify the cost. I have no immediate plans to purchase.

mark2741

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I was all set to purchase, assuming the 15" base model would be 16GB and *hoping* 512GB SSD but would have bought at 256GB, but not for $2400. That's just too much, IMO. I even have a connect for an Apple "Friends and Family" discount of 15% but still...I'll stick with mid-2014 15" for another year to see how this one shakes out.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Pricey, but what did we expect. And Apple were smart to only offer the Touch ID on the more expensive model. I like the Touch ID, but not sold on the TouchBar thingy. Sort of reminds me of the new enhancements to iMessage. Yep, millennial' stuff...

Howie Billard

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I'll be getting as many years out of my mid 2014 13" 256GB MBP as I can. There is no way I would spend $2299 CAD for the new one. If I needed a new one today, I'd go out and get the 2015 for $1799.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I was really excited for the new MacBook Pro and I still am. But the starting price for the 13" seems a bit pricey. Starting at $1799.99 seems a kinda high. What do you guys think?

I think everyone will nod in agreement. Definitely a very high starting price. $1,799 is just $200 short of what a entry 15" Macbook Pro used to sell for. At least the 'Non Touch bar' version is still $1,499 so you can still get all the performance. :)

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I have a 2012 (13 inch) Mac Book pro and was considering upgrading sometime next year but with those prices it looks like it will be a bit longer than that. 1800 dollars for a 13 Ich mac book is way too expensive. Back in 2012 my folks bought me the mac book for Christmas. They got it from Best Buy for 1,000 which is expensive but reasonable (at least for apple). But now Apple is getting a bit ridiculous with the pricing. I understand they sell products that are considered premium and Apple is a company really geared towards the upper class but really are starting to leave college students and average joes out in the cold with these prices.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm not surprised they're so expensive, just because Apple has a tendency of introducing new Macbook designs at a premium (think the original Macbook Air). They'll probably drop back to reasonable prices by the 2nd or 3rd revision. My problem is that I really could use a new computer this year, and haven't fully decided if I should just bit the bullet and pay more!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Looking on the positive side, now that the newest is the 'premier' laptop to have, perhaps we'll see some opportunities and price drops on slightly older and refurb models. Gotta look on the bright side!

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I was definitely interested in the new updates, but I'm sad that they bumped up the entry level price (I'm just going to pretend that the ridiculously old MacBook Air does not exist.)

danielk111111

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
It's too expensive. I hope by next year they go back to previous pricing and this is just temporary. Would also be nice to see Apple have a low end laptop in the $700 that can be similar to the white MacBooks of the past, have the same processors and other important things, not be as thin and cost Apple way less to make as a way to have good affordable Mac's too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro