How do you feel about the New MacBook Pro pricing?

rudedog68

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
They are expensive but they last a long time. My 11 year old uses my old 15" 2008 MBP and works fine for her needs. I have the 2013 maxed out 15" MBP and works great for FCP, Lightroom and ripping blu-rays for Plex. I'm just a hobbyist so I don't need every new model that comes out. When the day comes to get a new laptop it will be a MBP again. Expensive but worth it.

khkeet

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I was really excited for the new MacBook Pro and I still am. But the starting price for the 13" seems a bit pricey. Starting at $1799.99 seems a kinda high. What do you guys think?

I would also agree, especially considering you are going to have to add at least a few options (more memory anyone? )!

Eliasj28

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
it's a little pricey. as always in the beginning i complain but somehow always pay for apple products. I'm a photographer in need of a new laptop as i have an old MBP.

wkelly24

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm disappointed. I appreciate the innovation of making things smaller, tighter, lighter, etc, but I also would appreciate innovation in providing quality technology and the same or lower price. Knowing Apple, I would expect a price reduction a year down the road because they will have worked out the supply chain to streamline the process and the pricing.

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Apple's answer to that is "we'll sell you last year's model at last year's price." I get it—last year's MacBook Pro is probably more than enough computing power for the vast majority of users—but it's still LAST year's model. I don't really agree with Apple's pricing decision but they didn't ask me for my opinion.

Hahaha. Yeah, they didn't ask me either... Weird. I know last year's model is cheaper, and I know MacBooks tend to last longer than general PCs, but I still want the latest and greatest if I'm going to upgrade.

Andoresu47

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
It is expensive, but I have to say it is worth it. It might be underpowered in comparison to a pc you can self-assemble with the same amount of money, but you are paying for the sleek design, support from apple (without mentioning all the exclusive apps) and a small taste of the future of computing. We all agree that we don't buy Macs because of their power, but for the expertise Apple has in both software and hardware.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
It is expensive, but I have to say it is worth it. It might be underpowered in comparison to a pc you can self-assemble with the same amount of money, but you are paying for the sleek design, support from apple (without mentioning all the exclusive apps) and a small taste of the future of computing. We all agree that we don't buy Macs because of their power, but for the expertise Apple has in both software and hardware.

Yeah, but last gen's model had all of that. The TouchBar is not worth $300. It's just not. The pricing on these devices are ridiculous.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
This year model increase by 20% or about $350 for the $2,399 model. But then you need to buy the additional dongles for: iPhone, usb3.0, SD Card, HDMI, Displayport, etc... I say 3 dongles average throw in additional $100 and AppleCare $300.00.

With sales tax, will be close to $3K.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I think it's logical to go up the price-ladder: the industry is selling fewer and fewer PCs, so to make as much or more money they have to become more expensive. Plus: users replace them less often, so overall spending should still drop despite the price increase.

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
The average working class person cannot afford Apple's new laptops. That's a shame.

It is a shame, but Apple has never marketed their products to anyone and everyone. They make the products they think are best and whoever can buy them, does.

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I think Apple could have communicated more clearly that the "old" MBPs are still available ? to pay a bit more for the "future, next-gen" notebooks would be more understandable then?

Yeah, but Apple isn't really in the habit of discussing the old stuff. They want all the focus on the new and better.

Ericclark4

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
The new Macbook Pro is a lot more expensive than I thought it would be, and it only has usb C connections (well the 13 inch has lightning too I hear) so you would have to buy adapters and some of them like USB and Ethernet are probably around $20 - $30 dollars, VGA and HDMI are in the $60-$70 range, plus relative sales taxes (if applicable) on top of that. Not sure if the new MBP is a realistic purchase for me.