The new MacBook Pro - Who's excited?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It's the Apple Event Day, and new MacBook Pros are coming! Who's excited? What would you like to see? I've been eagerly awaiting this event as it has been a long time coming, and Apple has done a great job on keeping things mostly hush hush up to event date.

I'm sure things are going to be a lot busier in this forum today onwards... can't wait!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'll be honest. New macs don't excite me like new iPhones. I could care less. I only buy a new Mac maybe once every 4 years and my current one is only a year and a half old. Just hoping maybe for a surprise in today's event.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, the turnover on a new MBP or iMac is a lot slower than iPhone or iPad. I can understand that.

Also wondering what the 'one other thing' might be as well. After yesterday's event at Microsoft, would sure love to see something similar!

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Will the MBP 13" have the touch bar? I may have missed it.

ETA: nevermind I see now that there is one with touchbar and one with traditional F keys

Last edited:

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a late 2013 MBP (Retina, 13in, 2.4GHz Intel i5, 8GB mem, etc) that runs just as fast as it did the day I got it. I honestly have no need whatsoever to upgrade.

And that's why I switched to mac at that time. I knew that the initial cost was greater, but would save me in the long run.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
From what I've seen. Meh I'm actually happy I have a 2015 model because Tbh I would NOT buy this one because of the ports. Don't care for the touch bar at all. If I was buying a laptop now I would seriously go look at the surface book.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually excited!! The MBP we have is a 2012 model & it's not as fast as my boyfriend needs it to be for his videography. This new one will be perfect & I love how light it is The one we have is extremely heavy because we maxed it out with upgrades. It's terrible to travel with.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Well the new MacBook is not to bad. Like the idea of the touch bar as I do a lot of design and editing. This is where it will be the most useful for me. Touch ID I can take it or leave it, but useful for people wanting that added security, ease of access or using Pay. Also good for switching between users. Going to get expensive for the higher end BTO machines. Like that they left the traditional MacBook Pro in the lineup.

All in all not a bad lineup. Will be fast machines and light weight. I won't be surprised if this doesn't eventually kill off the MBA and MacBook line.

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I love the new MBP, but I can't justify it since my mid 2014 15" is 2 years old. I'll probably replace it in 2018 or 2019.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
My dogs are excited to drag my $2200 MacBook Pro off my coffee table.

It's like Apple has no people running real-life tests. MagSafe was a godsend for users with kids, animals, etc.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sold on the new MacBook's. I think I'm going to look for a 'current' MacBook or MacBook Air on the cheap. Don't need all the bells and whistles, since I have an iMac. Just want something with a keyboard for when am on the sofa...

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Trust me, I'm as big of an Apple fan as anyone here. But wtf are they thinking? So, headphone jacks stay on Macs, but they take away the SD card port?? That is the most retarded decision. They are big on photography; that's still the MAIN way to upload your photographs, is to throw in your SD card.

Apple really does dumb **** sometimes.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Beyond the fact I don't care for new stuff that price for the cheapest one with a touch bar is $1,800 dollars. That's insane when the base of previous models was $1,300 I believe. I paid $1,400 including sales tax and since I'm no Apple fanboy I am not willing to pay that much for a laptop that is only going to be used at school for notes and watching movies on. The 2015 model at a cheaper rate is the best Macbook Pro at least for the 13 inch models is concerned IMHO.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually excited!! The MBP we have is a 2012 model & it's not as fast as my boyfriend needs it to be for his videography. This new one will be perfect & I love how light it is The one we have is extremely heavy because we maxed it out with upgrades. It's terrible to travel with.

You're better off buying the 2015 model if you're getting a 13 inch Tbh

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
It's the Apple Event Day, and new MacBook Pros are coming! Who's excited? What would you like to see? I've been eagerly awaiting this event as it has been a long time coming, and Apple has done a great job on keeping things mostly hush hush up to event date.

I'm sure things are going to be a lot busier in this forum today onwards... can't wait!

Super Excited, they look amazing. Obviously, one or 2 small things i don't like but definitely overall a great success. Now i just need to find places to sell some organs, re-morgage my house, sell the car and then the downpayment for a new Macbook Pro will be secured lol

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Having just bought 2 of the 2015 MBP on sale earlier this year, not too excited. Love new tech, but not in the market for a new one for a while now.

Though I am glad they didn't lower the prices, in case I do decide to sell either of them and update. But the higher pricing is a factor.

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Here is my take on it overall. I don't want to have to spend a bunch of money on dongles and/or new cables. It's ridiculous.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711