The new MacBook Pro - Who's excited?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a late 2013 15" rMBP with the dedicated graphics card. It'll be 3 years old in February 2017. Not in need of a new one now that I have a 9.7" ipad pro and looking on buying a 12.9" one soon or waiting for the 2nd generation to be released. It looks to me like you can charge the macbook in any of the thunderbolt slots.

One question though, why did they throw the lighted apple?

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a late 2013 15" rMBP with the dedicated graphics card. It'll be 3 years old in February 2017. Not in need of a new one now that I have a 9.7" ipad pro and looking on buying a 12.9" one soon or waiting for the 2nd generation to be released. It looks to me like you can charge the macbook in any of the thunderbolt slots.

One question though, why did they throw the lighted apple?

Probably to unify the look among Apple's devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.), but I have to admit I loved the lighted one.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I wait to try it out at the Apple Store to see if I even like it! But with no direct input/output plugins, it make it hard to buy!

diegohv

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm eager to see how useful is the touch bar and if it becomes distracting. Besides that, I really like the new MacBook. :)

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
After seeing the keynote, I am so glad I bought a 2015 15" MBP a year ago in June. It has all the ports I want PLUS an SD card slot so that I can load my iTunes music onto it to use on my S7 Edge and I don't need any extra adapters to plug in my iPhone 6S/6S+ to it to sync. Even the two month old iPhone 7 will need an adapter to work with the new MBP.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty pumped, ordered a 13" with touchbar on Saturday. It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. The price made me pause for a minute, but in the end there's still nothing comparable. It'll be replacing my 2010 MBP, so i'll be getting a much faster, smaller machine with a gorgeous screen.

jarnold96

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
To be honest most new Mac releases don't overly excite me but this new one coming out has got me amped up, the new touch bar feature looks so cool and the design is very sleek per usual. Can't wait!