Did I make the right decision? Or was it a mistake?

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
The next generation MacBook pro 15 is coming soon. But i couldn't wait that long as I've been waiting for almost an year, and still there is no official announcement from Apple. I purchased the current generation MacBook Pro 15. Was my decision right or did I make a mistake?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you're using the new machine to meet your computing needs, no...you didn't make a mistake. When and if a new version comes out, you're free to get that and sell the current one if you want to...

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
After using it for almost a day, I love this book. Comparing it with my 3 yr old HP Envy 15, (Which almost has an identical CPU) I find the difference like heaven and earth.
The only reason i waited was...

1) I was frustrated for apple using 3 yr old CPU for its top end MacBook when its smaller cousins had the latest CPU. I thought new CPU will add more battery life because of 16NM process, besides power
2) I thought the next upgrade might add double the storage at the same price.

Guys, thanks for the feedback. Now my question is, is it worth to buy apple care to get the warranty extended for 3 years? Specially when i will upgrade the SSD within an year, once the price of 2TB SSD are reasonable?

MrAdamsD

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I also couldn't wait for the new MacBook Pro and purchased the 13" MacBook Pro. It arrives next week, I was nervous because I know the new one might come out before the years up. At the end of the day, if this meets all my needs I'm totally fine with my decision.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Remember, there will always be something new coming out, but that doesn't mean that what you get today won't benefit you for years to come. With that in mind, get what you need now. New gadgets and gimmicks do not mean a thing if you're not going to use them on a regular basis.

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Remember, there will always be something new coming out, but that doesn't mean that what you get today won't benefit you for years to come. With that in mind, get what you need now. New gadgets and gimmicks do not mean a thing if you're not going to use them on a regular basis.

Yes there is always something new coming out, I purchased this book when the new book is about to released in couple of months.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
The next generation MacBook pro 15 is coming soon. But i couldn't wait that long as I've been waiting for almost an year, and still there is no official announcement from Apple. I purchased the current generation MacBook Pro 15. Was my decision right or did I make a mistake?

I'm sure others have already stated this but here is my side.

maverick786us, i was in the same boat as you. I purchased a Late 2011 Macbook Pro 13" and only 3 months later, a brand new version with massively updated specs came out. lol

But i still use that same Macbook today and it does everything i need it to. So YES it would have been nice to have but I'm still happy with my purchase.

gdgtmom

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure others have already stated this but here is my side.

maverick786us, i was in the same boat as you. I purchased a Late 2011 Macbook Pro 13" and only 3 months later, a brand new version with massively updated specs came out. lol

But i still use that same Macbook today and it does everything i need it to. So YES it would have been nice to have but I'm still happy with my purchase.

I purchased the 2015 MacBook Pro retina 15.4 and I'm a satisfied customer. The new MacBook doesn't appeal to me to make me regret my decision. Glad everyone is happy with their current purchase.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the 2015 MacBook Pro retina 15.4 and I'm a satisfied customer. The new MacBook doesn't appeal to me to make me regret my decision. Glad everyone is happy with their current purchase.

I feel that if you purchase something. Be happy with it and don't look at whats coming out because there will always be something new and 'better' ^_^

Apple MacBooks are so well built and last forever. The 15" 2015 is a gorgeous laptop. You made a great purchase! So jealous.

gdgtmom

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I feel that if you purchase something. Be happy with it and don't look at whats coming out because there will always be something new and 'better' ^_^

Apple MacBooks are so well built and last forever. The 15" 2015 is a gorgeous laptop. You made a great purchase! So jealous.

I agree

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I think you made the right move. I have a maxed out 2015 model and I see no reason to upgrade to the newest model. let alone purchase it over the 2015 model. Its very nice, don't get me wrong, but I feel its somewhat of a step backward.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR