Is my MacBook Pro Dead?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So my MBP suddenly won't turn on. I had it in sleep mode sitting in my room (as I usually do when I'm not using it) and when I picked it up to wake it up, nothing. Plugged it in, nothing. Hit the power button, nothing. Tried toggling volume no brightness thinking maybe they got turned down. Nope.

Anyone else have tricks I should try? I've got an appt with a Genius tomorrow afternoon but am worried that it's fried, even though I don't know how it got that way.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Might just be dead. Is the charging indicator lighting up when you plug it in? It could just be the charger.

Yes charging indicator comes on when plugged in. Ugh. This is a relatively new computer. I don't really want to replace it.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The Apple Store tried resetting the SMC, removing the battery and connecting to external power source to no avail. They are charging me $280 to send it off and have it fixed. They THINK it's the logic board but not sure. I was unable to wipe the device before letting them take it so hopefully, none of my data gets stolen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes charging indicator comes on when plugged in. Ugh. This is a relatively new computer. I don't really want to replace it.

The Apple Store tried resetting the SMC, removing the battery and connecting to external power source to no avail. They are charging me $280 to send it off and have it fixed. They THINK it's the logic board but not sure. I was unable to wipe the device before letting them take it so hopefully, none of my data gets stolen.

Define "relatively new". The reason I ask is because you've stated that Apple is charging you $280 to send it off to be fixed. If the computer is new, I'd be pitching a fit and demanding a replacement at NO cost, especially when the problem is with the computer itself and not from something I've done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative