Macbook Pro Apps

mamuwaldie

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I just recently purchased a new Macbook Pro, retina, 13" (early 2015) 512GB, 8 memory from Best Buy (opened box item). Based on what I have seen and read the apps, Pages, Numbers, iMovies, iPhotos, Garage Band, Keynote, etc, are all supposed to be included in the computer. This is the second Macbook I purchased under the same condition from BestBuy (first one was the old 2012 version, but returned it in exchange for this one), and both did not include these apps anywhere. I checked in the App store and there is a price included with those apps.

I called the Apple support and Geek Squad, and their answers didn't make sense (didn't seem like they knew what they were talking about). Anyways just wondering what's the deal with those apps. Although I don't really have a use for these apps, but after paying $1500 for this, I want to make sure that everything that is supposed to be included is there.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that the web-only versions were free, but I could be mistaken. I mean, if you login to iCloud via Safari on your Mac, the iWorks suite of apps are readily available to you.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
From what I know they should have been included. [URL="https://www.apple.com/ca/macbook-pro-13/macos/#mn_p]According to Apple's site[/URL] all computers purchased on or after Oct. 1, 2013 should included those apps. Now I do not know if this is by purchasing the computer directly from Apple. It is possible Bestbuy has some other arrangement with Apple. I would call Apple back after reading the page I linked and talking to them further.

mamuwaldie

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys. The only thing I could think of is the fact that I purchased both Macs as open box items that were cleaned out and certified by the Geek Squad at Best Buy. On their website it clearly states the apps are included and the floor modelsI saw at the store all have those apps. I did find iMovie and iPhoto in my purchase list today and they were available for download, but not the others. Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Latest Model) - 13.3" Display - 8GB Memory - 512GB Flash Storage Silver MF841LL/A - Best Buy

I downloaded all of these apps, back when they first became available a few years ago on my iPhone and iPad, and they were all available. Didn't have any problems downloading them.

I will be out and about today, and will probably stop by both a Best Buy and Apple Store to inquire since they are close by. The guys on the phone really didn't know what they were talking about. Again thanks for the replies, will report my findings if any.

mamuwaldie

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Just in case there is anyone else with this issue. I went to an Apple store and spoke with a representative, who confirmed that the apps should have been included all current Macs. They said whoever had it before or maybe even the Best Buy Geek Squad, probably removed them somehow. The rep suggested that I reinstall the OS or they could do it. Anyways I took my Macbook Pro to the Apple store and they reinstalled all of the missing apps (total of 6). So be careful with the opened box items you purchase at Best Buy.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who responded earlier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2