Will the 2015 macbook pro 13 inch be enough for me?

Avishka Perera

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm a software engineering student hoping to buy a macbook pro for my development tasks. time to time i might have to develop on visual studio which obviously requires windows to be run on my mac. usually i will be doing web development, mobile app development and occasional java and .net development.

currently for the budget i have, i can only afford the 13 inch macbook pro base model.

will the performance and the storage (128gb ssd) of the 13 inch macbook pro be enough for me?

if i use an external hard drive will i be able to manage?

thanks

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! From your description, it sounds like the 13" will be sufficient, BUT I'd try to get the 256gb instead of the 128gb as performance is better with that drive. To save money, have you looked at Apple Refurbished? The warranty is the same as new, you're just saving money :)

Also, how soon do you need the laptop? There are rumors of a new version coming out in 2 months at WWDC... so if you can hold off it might be worth the wait.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
will the performance and the storage (128gb ssd) of the 13 inch macbook pro be enough for me?
Welcome to iMore :)

I'd say the 128GB storage will be too small for your needs, especially if you plan on dual booting OSX and Windows.

I think processor wise, the 13" model will have enough processor punch to handle what you throw at it, but as mentioned the storage may be too small.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Go with 256 GB SSD. You'll notice much better performance over standard magnetic drives. Intel makes processors so fast and efficient these days that any current model will more than suit your needs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2