Wifi Periodically Disconnects

tobes

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I am looking for some assistance. Wife has a new 13in MBP and about 10 times a day it seems to disconnect completely from the wifi network at home and lose network connectivity for up to 5 minutes. Typically we have to turn wifi off and on again to restore. Multiple other computers and iPhones have no issues on the network including a 2011 15in MBP.

Any ideas? I added a new location and changed MTU but still seems to suffer the outages.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I am looking for some assistance. Wife has a new 13in MBP and about 10 times a day it seems to disconnect completely from the wifi network at home and lose network connectivity for up to 5 minutes. Typically we have to turn wifi off and on again to restore. Multiple other computers and iPhones have no issues on the network including a 2011 15in MBP.

Any ideas? I added a new location and changed MTU but still seems to suffer the outages.

I had the same problem and tried all the tricks you'll find mentioned on the web, but nothing worked permanently. I ended up going back to using an older WiFi / Router which has worked fine.

mdcool

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I've had that issue on my 2012 13" MBP. What I did turn wifi off on the MBP. (Also turn off the wifi on all the other devices in your home off.) Unplug your router for about 30 seconds. When the router is fully booted up again, turn the wifi on your wife's MBP first and let it connect before reconnecting any other devices to your network. I did this and it worked for me. Also make sure your wife's MBP has the latest software updates.

tobes

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that may be the best fix to be honest. So painful to setup another router just for a single laptop but I do have some spares lying around. Not a bad idea. Although honestly why it just doesn't **** work is beyond me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods