Macbook Pro 15inch Buying Suggestion

salmanhkhan

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Well as the title of the thread speaks it all i am in need of a Macbook Pro 15inch.
The only dilemma i am facing is that should i buy the current Haswell model or should i wait for few months more to buy the latest 2016 skylakes one.
Suggestions would be much much appreciated by my fellow members

bentrovato

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
On the 15 inch side, you're fine from anything late 2013 or later unless that extra 1-2 hours of battery life is critical. On the 13 inch side, you want a 2015 or newer if you need 4k external monitor support otherwise again, it's not worth the extra money.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Get what you need now, in my opinion, for anyone on the fence about getting a device or waiting for the next big thing.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Previously everyone's looking forward to Broadwell, then Haswell, and now Skylake. Then after that the next and etc. So yeah, no end of waiting.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Previously everyone's looking forward to Broadwell, then Haswell, and now Skylake. Then after that the next and etc. So yeah, no end of waiting.

For the 13 inches I would say don't wait and get it but Haswell is quite old so if you're looking for to live as long as possible the skylake one would be best to get.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
For the 13 inches I would say don't wait and get it but Haswell is quite old so if you're looking for to live as long as possible the skylake one would be best to get.

Of course if now best is Skylake, in which the current 15" MBP retina should have last year. But it wasn't updated with Skylake and for me I needed a new one at that time as my old 2010 MBP suffered a hard disk failure, so have to purchase the Haswell one.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Of course if now best is Skylake, in which the current 15" MBP retina should have last year. But it wasn't updated with Skylake and for me I needed a new one at that time as my old 2010 MBP suffered a hard disk failure, so have to purchase the Haswell one.

if you're in the U.S. check Best Buy. Got a 15" for $300 off. They had the 13" at $300 off as well. Not sure how long though. If you see it online, reserve it for store pickup in case they change it. Nothing was in store for the pricing, just online.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
if you're in the U.S. check Best Buy. Got a 15" for $300 off. They had the 13" at $300 off as well. Not sure how long though. If you see it online, reserve it for store pickup in case they change it. Nothing was in store for the pricing, just online.

Sadly I'm located in Singapore so have to purchase it via authorised dealers here.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox