Magic Mouse 2

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I own a MacBook Pro with Retina Display (I used to own an iMac, I no longer do, my rMBP is my only computer (daily driver)) and I plan on getting either a Magic Mouse 2 or Magic Trackpad 2. I intend to use the mouse when I am at home or at the office where my MacBook will just be placed on a desk.

Is it worth getting a mouse of that price for a laptop? The Trackpad supports Force Touch, does that mean it will work with the older generations of Macs that does not support Force Touch on the trackpad yet?

Thanks in advance! :)

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Not worth the price for the mouse. I have 3 MBP's in my household and we use cheap mouse for all of them. I have spare Magic Mouse around, but not worth it. I have found a cheap mouse generally works better. I only use Magic Mouse for my iMac's. Trackpad does not support Force Touch on older machines that never supported it in the first place.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Not worth the price for the mouse. I have 3 MBP's in my household and we use cheap mouse for all of them. I have spare Magic Mouse around, but not worth it. I have found a cheap mouse generally works better. I only use Magic Mouse for my iMac's. Trackpad does not support Force Touch on older machines that never supported it in the first place.

Ahhh, I thought that the Magic Trackpad 2 will enable Force Touch on older machines.

Thank you! :)