Macbook Pro 13 Retina (mid 2014) battery problems, what can I do?

I

iMore Question

Macbook Pro 13 Retina (mid 2014) battery problems

Hello Everyone

My Macbook Pro 13" retina (mid 2014) only powers up when plugged in and immediately shuts down if unplugged...I had it looked at by an apple service provider who discovered that the Logic board was defective and replaced it.....unfortunately though the battery issue is still the same. the battery was showing 68% a couple of months ago and has been dropping and now stands at 27%..I would like to replace the battery although I am worried that there may be another issue that is causing this problem.
My question is what other parts could affect the battery. I do not want to pay 800 to replace the whole upper case since my mac is already out of warranty.
Thank you
"
Battery Information:

Model Information:
Serial Number: C01445101PHFT60AL
Manufacturer: DP
Device Name: bq20z451
Pack Lot Code: 0
PCB Lot Code: 0
Firmware Version: 702
Hardware Revision: 000a
Cell Revision: 379
Charge Information:
Charge Remaining (mAh): 1581
Fully Charged: No
Charging: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5945
Health Information:
Cycle Count: 190
Condition: Replace Now
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 11295

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Macbook Pro 13 Retina (mid 2014) battery problems

Download and install coconutBattery into your Mac and run it to graphically check the battery condition. Compare the design capacity to the maximum charge in the coconutBattery app. If the maximum charge of the battery is above 90% then you may look into the software side.
At 190 cycle count, your battery should be in normal condition instead of "replace now"
I would suggest you to install a fresh copy of Yosemite or better El Cap which I found very stable on my computer.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Macbook Pro 13 Retina (mid 2014) battery problems

A status of replace now warrants a trip to the Apple Store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73