I recently purchased a new 13" macbook pro with i7 and 16GB of RAM. Does this seem like it's using a lot of RAMIs my new MBP using too much RAM?-screen-shot-2015-10-26-8.24.55-pm.jpg for only having safari and activity monitor open?
    10-26-2015 08:29 PM
    any help would be appreciated. i talked to apple and they aren't much help. it seems like it shouldn't be using half my RAM when I'm hardly using any apps. i noticed when i turned it on today, the RAM starts as a small number and it never seems to go down. it just continually goes up no matter what i'm doing on it. i am planning on sending it back to apple since i can't seem to find an answer or any insight about this. something doesn't seem right
    10-27-2015 06:16 PM
    I got my replacement from apple the other day and it seems to be doing the same thing still. I was told to reset the PRAM; I don't know if that will work or not. At this point I'm just lost about what to do. I'm thinking about just returning the thing and buying windows again. I'm really surprised I haven't had any help or suggestions with this.
    11-04-2015 02:46 PM
    That is completely normal. OS X will cache RAM and prepare it for use. I have 16 GB RAM in my Mac mini and with nothing open, it will still claim most of it is in use.

The field you want to be concerned with is Memory Pressure. Yours is green right now showing you have plenty of RAM for what is currently running. If the field is red, then you have a problem.
    Gtech21 and rewNATION like this.
    11-05-2015 04:13 AM
    That's comforting to know. I had heard the same thing about the memory pressure and that's what I should be looking at. What's weird is last night I turned it on and I told myself I wouldn't even bother looking in activity monitor anymore. Well I eventually did and now that number has gone way down to around 2-3 GB of RAM; so now I'm even more at ease about this.
    11-06-2015 10:32 AM