I have been a long time user of iPhotos (probably almost 10 years). I want to like the new Photos but I'm struggling to even like it a little bit. Anyone else the same?
    10-22-2015 07:58 PM
    Hello! I'm not a big fan of Photos either. It's too bad Apple killed iPhoto for Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-22-2015 08:00 PM
    I've gone back to iPhotos today. Was so frustrated with Photos, I hate it!
    10-22-2015 08:36 PM
    One thing I really hate, and it doesn't make sense, is that hidden photos aren't actually hidden.
    What's the point of having the feature if you can see the "hidden" photos in "All Photos"???!!!
    10-22-2015 08:41 PM
    Also... why are all my photos doubled/tripled/quadrupled???!!!
    10-22-2015 09:20 PM
    Yes, it's pretty horrible. I'm moving back to Android so that I can use it with my Windows Notebook instead of an iPhone with my iMac. Can't really go back to iPhoto. And iPhone + Windows is a horrible workflow. The system won't allow you to set iPhoto as the default Photo Library in OS X and Photos pops up overtime you want to import somethings. The Workflow is horrible without support for external editors, and any 1080p video I drag out of Photos to the Desktop/a folder in finder gets downscaled to 720 - every single time (I have to redownload all of them from iCloud.com to get the originals... great user experience...).

Honestly if I had known this I would never have taken the Yosemite update that came with Photos. I'd have stayed on that version indefinitely. It was not worth the headache.
    10-24-2015 07:02 PM
    Yes photo is terrible.. Hopefully Apple will make changes to improve it....
    10-24-2015 08:29 PM
    Yes photo is terrible.. Hopefully Apple will make changes to improve it....
    At the rate they're moving, it will take 2-3 years for Photos to reach feature parity with iPhoto, and it will never reach feature parity with Aperture. Apple is developing their desktop applications with a firm emphasis on them suffering for the same of parity with their iOS analogues. That's why feature updates tend to come to both OSes at once. Except it really sucks for those who use these apps on a desktop, because while the simplicity and feature lack os okay on an iPhone, it isn't okay on an iMac especially when a working solution was displaced by a "System App" on their PC.

Apple makes it annoying enough of a workflow that you either deal with what they're pushing you towards, or both solutions end up being an ill fit for you. And with the way the app is built into the system, it is always a workflow annoyance due to its behavior.
    10-25-2015 03:39 PM
    You betcha!

When I download my pictures from my camera to my iMac, they are in RANDOM ORDER!

What is the point of that?

Why change an app that works so well (iPhoto) to one that doesn't do something so basic as to download your picts in the order in which they were taken (Photo)?????

Please, someone give me a viable alternative!
    06-27-2016 08:11 PM