When can we expect Skylake?

btbam91

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Want a new MacBook Pro but don't want to jump the gun since Skylake is likely around the corner. Anyone have an idea of when I can expect these?

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am holding on to my late '13 rMBP until the new procs come out. I had an Surface Book preordered but MS screwed up the preorder so badly and never shipped it.

btbam91

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am holding on to my late '13 rMBP until the new procs come out. I had an Surface Book preordered but MS screwed up the preorder so badly and never shipped it.

I want a Surface Book more than anything but want to wait a generation or two while Microsoft refines it.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a Surface Book (i7 512GB, dedicated GPU) and I really want to like it but...

Still it has issues even with latest firmware, etc.

And while the trackpad is the best that I've used on a Windows system, it still does not have the smoothness of the Mac trackpad.

It definitely will take a generation or two to get this sorted out.

For the money that cost you can get a far better 15" RMBP! I know it's not touch and has the latest bells and whistles but the quirks associated with the Surface Book make it a frustrating experience given what it costs.

anon(9715747)

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I hope the skylake mpbr's also come with thunderbolt 3 with usb type c connectors and well as an improved gpu and individually lit keys like those seen on the new macbook. my 2010 mbp is on its last leg after going through hell and back an i am looking forward to upgrading. I am also excited for ogpu's like the razor core but that is another story

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I hope the skylake mpbr's also come with thunderbolt 3 with usb type c connectors and well as an improved gpu and individually lit keys like those seen on the new macbook. my 2010 mbp is on its last leg after going through hell and back an i am looking forward to upgrading. I am also excited for ogpu's like the razor core but that is another story

The new Macbook 13 inch will have the newest Intel iris graphics and the 15 inch will have the newest iris pro graphics. The dedicated gpu will stay the same because they just did a refresh on it imo

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods