Boot Camp or Virtual Machine?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what 'most' prefer, but many use Boot Camp and many others use Parallels. Personally, I used Boot Camp years back because it was built-in and simple to use.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Bootcamp is more performance. VM is more convenience. You have to decide what you want. Most people I would think do bootcamp because that's the built in option. I do VM because the whole point of a Macbook is to use OS X. This adds ability to run windows for necessary things without giving that up.

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I use a PC for work and a Mac for fun. (Mostly because I bought a MacBook for work and found I would need to find a workaround to run the necessary programs. So I just retired it to home use. Tried parallels and it was too sluggish and boot camp wasn't what I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6PlusManiac

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I personally only use VMWare Fusion. I only run basic programs or run OS's that aren't that demanding like different Ubuntu distributions. I still haven't managed to use all the 8GB of RAM I have in my MBP while having a virtual machine running and allotting it 4GB of RAM.

Lrover

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Install VMWare instead of running Bootcamp!! Any of these VMWare clients (Fusion, parallels, etc.,) will allow you to run Windows, Red Hat, Linux, etc., side by side on your Mac screen, while on the other hand, running Windows in Bootcamp, you have to boot up your Mac to use either Windows or Mac OS!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods