Very bad experience.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch retina covered by AppleCare.
One of the 4 rubber feet on the bottom came off. I could tell that it had a little glue that held it as well as part of it goes thru the bottom panel.
The glue didn't hold and as a result it tore off. Fine, no problem. 2 years of wear and tear.
I took it to the "genius bar". They wanted $120 to replace it because they said the the foot for the MBP is not covered by warranty because it is part of the bottom panel and that they would have to replace the entire panel.
WTF kind of service is that?

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not asking about the legalities. I'm just talking about lousy customer care. I bought a $3000 laptop and paid another $300 for AppleCare. How about treating me a little better. They told me that all other MacBooks are covered because their

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
One of the 4 rubber feet on the bottom came off. I could tell that it had a little glue that held it as well as part of it goes thru the bottom panel.
The glue didn't hold and as a result it tore off. Fine, no problem. 2 years of wear and tear.
I took it to the "genius bar". They wanted $120 to replace it because they said the the foot for the MBP is not covered by warranty because it is part of the bottom panel and that they would have to replace the entire panel.

Isn't the bottom panel covered? I would try another Apple store, if feasible. If that is the way it happened, then that is really bad customer service, imo.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Well they told me that this is "only cosmetic" and therefore not covered. But what stinks is that all other types of macbooks are covered.
Thanks for the tip! I'll take this directly to them.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If that's the only issue you've had in 2 years worth of use, I'd say that's pretty good. Also, wouldn't it be easier to glue it back on or look for a replacement on Amazon than take it to the Genius Bar? Not trying to be rude, just curious.

dinhbaovnn

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

I sticked them with 4 small pieces of leather, 3M. Work well after 6 months on my MBP-2009 :)

IMG_1801.JPG

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner