Turn Macbook Pro Into Desktop Enviornment

mziminski

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Here's my situation: I recently came from a dell Windows 7 laptop to a late 2014 MBP and when I had the dell, I purchased the docking station to turn it into a desktop environment for when I was at home. At school, I'd use it as a laptop, and at home, I'd use it as "a desktop" because with that docking station I had a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

I am very familiar with the Mac and how it works. Since this is now my computer of choice, am I able to do the same thing? Are their docking stations for the macbook pro?

Any help anyone can provide I will greatly appreciate.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Here's my situation: I recently came from a dell Windows 7 laptop to a late 2014 MBP and when I had the dell, I purchased the docking station to turn it into a desktop environment for when I was at home. At school, I'd use it as a laptop, and at home, I'd use it as "a desktop" because with that docking station I had a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

I am very familiar with the Mac and how it works. Since this is now my computer of choice, am I able to do the same thing? Are their docking stations for the macbook pro?

Any help anyone can provide I will greatly appreciate.

There are docking stations for the MBP, but they are not necessary. You can get a displayport/Thunderbolt display adapter to connect an external monitor and use a bluetooth keyboard/mouse and use your MBP in the same fashion as you did your windows laptop.

I have used the Henge dock at one point:
Beautiful, high performance docking solutions for Apple devices.

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I did the exact same thing and it works beautifully! I bought the display port adapter to go to my monitor and the blutooth keyboard and magical track pad, Apple brand of course. I just plug it in to the display port, close the lid and a flawless desk top is in place. I love it ad it was very inexpensive!

co4nd

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
The best docking station is the Apple Thunderbolt display, but if you don't want to spend that much you can just go Bluetooth, Wifi, and a cheaper Monitor (It's good to get one with a built in USB hub)

I use an ASUS Monitor which has a built in USB hub, connect the monitor via HDMI and USB, my devices are all either USB connected to the monitor or Bluetooth.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77