rMBP 13 or 15 for moderate graphic/video editing?

BevinLM

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
So it's time to upgrade my 2010 13" MBP, it's been a trooper but it has got to go lol..

I use it for web browsing, video streaming (obviously) but I also do some moderate video editing in iMovie and photo editing in Pixelmator (nothing at the professional level, just some videos and pictures of family and events we attend). I also play The Sims occasionally too. I would assume the new 13" rMBP would work fine since my old one was doing okay at best. But I thought I'd inquire about the 15" rMBP just in case..

What are your guys' thoughts?

Last edited:

BevinLM

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
More screen real estate the better for video/grx editing.

Honestly, I'm perfectly happy with my 13", as far as screen size goes. It's the processing that I'm concerned about. I don't know how much better the newer 13" models are. My current MBP seems to start burning my legs the moment I launch iMovie lol!

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I'm perfectly happy with my 13", as far as screen size goes. It's the processing that I'm concerned about. I don't know how much better the newer 13" models are. My current MBP seems to start burning my legs the moment I launch iMovie lol!

I upgraded my 2010 MBP, which would get pretty hot playing Minecraft, to the late 2013 rMBP, which has never gotten hot enough to burn me. I don't do any video editing, but my new MacBook Pro is a lot cooler for my uses. The processor should be perfect for moderate video editing. It's way faster than the core 2 duo from the 2010 MacBook Pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2