Is 128 GB SSD with an external drive enough for programming?

Abe Sherif

May 16, 2015
Visit site
is 128 GB SSD with an external drive enough for programming?

I'm going to buy the baseline model macbook pro 13' (2015). I'm gonna be using it mainly for iOS and android development and photoshop. Is the spec enough if I use an external drive?

Thanks.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: is 128 GB SSD with an external drive enough for programming?

I think you'll be fine, especially if you're going to be using an external drive, too.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I have several "half" cards that I use in the SD scard slot to expand storage - sort of like a "built-in external drive". I have several brands, as well. PNY makes the StoreEDGE cards in multiple storage sizes (64GB and 128GB). The other brands - Nifty and TheMiniDrive use MicroSD cards, and the ones that I have currently support up to 128GB MicroSD cards.

I use them for storing work projects - photos that I am working on, documents related to other projects, and one that I use to store movies. The StorEdge has a small lip that sticks out just enough to allow you to grab it to eject the drive. The other versions sit completely flush with the rMPB, and have little slots where you can "hook" them with the provided tool to eject them.

Over all, very handy - especially on a rMBP with the limitation of the SSD drive storage.

PNY Technologies | SD Cards, USB Flash Drives, Memory Modules, SSDs, Graphics Cards
Simple, Seamless Storage For Your MacBook | The Nifty MiniDrive
TheMiniDrive | Seamless MacBook Storage ? TheMiniDrive.com

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

The simulator alone is huge once all the device profiles get downloaded. I would find it very cramped. For me 500 is workable but still cramped. 128 is possible but it will be limiting.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2