I'm going to buy a MacBook Pro 13 in but I'm a bit confused on what the difference is between these two besides the display. Which one should I buy? I like a lot of storage and I would like to purchase a MacBook Pro that will be cheaper to fix in the future if i ever have to. Opinions? Anyone care to explain the difference? Thanks.
    BD_BB_8520 likes this.
    04-23-2015 11:28 AM
    I would get the one with more storage and more RAM, if the specs aren't identical.
    xNeezzy likes this.
    04-23-2015 12:44 PM
    The non-retina MacBook Pro is much heavier, has a slower spinning hard drive (but you can upgrade it yourself) and hasn't had a processor update in two/three years. And it has a DVD drive. But you can upgrade the RAM and hard drive yourself and even replace the DVD drive with a second hard drive. And it has a lower battery life than the retina one.
    xNeezzy and dazzlingirl like this.
    04-23-2015 12:57 PM
    I bought my wife one and installed an ssd in it. It is very fast and I am very happy with my purchase. It does have good battery life and can display 1080p resolution on a second screen. I use it with my Apple TV and watch movies and tv shows all the time. I bought hers refurbished for $850. The hard drive they sent with it was bad but they replaced it and the replacement worksfine. Blows the last hp laptop I bought away, and that one was a speced out beast.
    BD_BB_8520 likes this.
    04-26-2015 05:38 PM
    i bought the '12 mbp non retina for the fact i can upgrade the rem and hd myself to a bigger size and the weight dosent bother me and neither does the battery life of it.
    05-03-2015 12:46 PM
    I bought my wife one and installed an ssd in it. It is very fast and I am very happy with my purchase. It does have good battery life and can display 1080p resolution on a second screen. I use it with my Apple TV and watch movies and tv shows all the time. I bought hers refurbished for $850. The hard drive they sent with it was bad but they replaced it and the replacement worksfine. Blows the last hp laptop I bought away, and that one was a speced out beast.
    Can you share the specific model you bought?
    05-07-2015 06:22 PM