Is this a deal or not?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
After coming close to buying a MacBook Pro several times in the last few years (each time intimidated by the price), I have finally found what I hope is a great deal from a local seller.

Late-2014 13" MBPr

2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 (Haswell)
8GB of Onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM
128GB PCIe-Based Flash Storage
Integrated Intel Iris Graphics
13.3" LED-Backlit IPS Retina Display
2560 x 1600 Native Resolution
802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
Thunderbolt 2, USB 3.0, HDMI
FaceTime HD Camera, Dual Mics
Includes Mac OS X 10.10 or OS X 10.9

Includes a case, cover and keyboard cover.

All for $800.

It's supposed to be in like-new condition, but I'll see it tomorrow night. I've talked to the seller, and he's a college kid that goes to a local tech college and is in need of money fast to cover a school issue. Sounds to me like a heck of a deal, if it's legit (and it seems to be)..what do you guys think?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Saw similar ones selling for $1k to $1.2k

Kinda what I was thinking. This would be my first real Mac. I had s MacBook two years ago, and simply couldn't get comfy with it compared to the PC I had at work.

I'm going to give this one a chance & try to learn it since I hear of how intuitive they are. My main use is very basic surfing, email, and such...no graphic design or video stuff...but there's the chance I'll be doing some article/sermon writing soon for my ministry in my church...so I want a good computer.

Do you guys think I made a good choice with the MBPr?

At that price, worse case scenario I can always get a return on my money if I sell it! I

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2