There is only one thing about my MacBook Pro that I aboslutely hate with a passion.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The "MagSafe Connector"

Yes, I hate it. It's stupid.

It disconnects with even the slightest movement.
My cat thinks it's a toy and constantly swats at it disconnecting it. Even if it's just sitting there and I'm not using it.

I'm 30 years old and in my entire life I have yet to see anyone trip over a laptop cord and yank it off the table onto the floor which is what this is supposed to prevent. Are people really that clumsy? On top of that the cords on my old Dell laptops come right out, it's not like they are bolted into the sockets. All it is to me is a PITA!!!!

I hate the MagSafe Connector! Rant over, I love my first Mac though.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my first MacBook and I appreciate the way it breaks away from the computer because my ThinkPad has almost hit the floor because someone tripped over the cord

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The "MagSafe Connector"

Yes, I hate it. It's stupid.

It disconnects with even the slightest movement.
My cat thinks it's a toy and constantly swats at it disconnecting it. Even if it's just sitting there and I'm not using it.

I'm 30 years old and in my entire life I have yet to see anyone trip over a laptop cord and yank it off the table onto the floor which is what this is supposed to prevent. Are people really that clumsy? On top of that the cords on my old Dell laptops come right out, it's not like they are bolted into the sockets. All it is to me is a PITA!!!!

I hate the MagSafe Connector! Rant over, I love my first Mac though.

Get rid of the cat. Problem solved.:rotfl:

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
The MacBook Pro I had in 2013 was a pain. It would take a few minutes of fumbling with it to get it in the only position it would charge in. And even then, a slight movement of the MacBook would make it so it wasn't charging. I can't even tell you how many times that thing died on me at work while "plugged in." Was one of a few reasons I went back to a PC. (Mainly lack of software support for the construction industry though)

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I really liked the L-shaped MagSafe connector that came with my MacBook Pro a few years ago. It didn't get pulled out as easily. The new (old) T-shaped connector is useless while charging on my lap or in bed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73