MacBook pro retina 2014 battery life

jkenworthy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Looking to pick up a new MacBook air 2014 or a MacBook Pro retina 2014. Just wondering what real world use age you are getting using the retina with surfing, word processing and videos(YouTube)?

I'm not what I consider a heavy user but curious if the retina battery is even close to the air.

Thanks

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Screen life and keyboard backlight suck an unbelievable amount of energy. I've burned my battery up in as little as 2-3 hours with those at max. Turn off the keyboard backlight and turn your screen brightness down to 50% or less and you can get a lot more battery life. If you don't need wifi, you'll save even more juice. I've pulled the quoted 9+ doing that.

The Retina battery isn't really close to the Air at all but it does offer one of the best batteries in a laptop anyway. Lenovo's got the Macs beat with its multi-battery bays (several ThinkPad models use two batteries and you can swap one out on the fly for a freshly charged one without taking the computer down) and HP's new x360 Spectre is said to rival the MBA for battery life but both MacBooks are still beating most other laptops out there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice