Good accessories and advice for 15" Macbook Pro

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So Wednesday of this week Apple should have my New "Refurbished" 15" Retina Macbook Pro ready for pickup.

I was wondering what some good accessories you guys/gals use or could recommend for a first time macbook user.

Also any advice on apps/ or things I need to do to insure the longevity of my machine would be great. (This is my first apple mac mean machine)

Thanks

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was more or less looking for specific cases people use. Same with keyboard covers/screen protectors/backpacks or sleeves.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I use DaisyDisk to find large unneeded files to archive off. Hope you got the largest primary drive you could afford. Good luck - excited for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use DaisyDisk to find large unneeded files to archive off. Hope you got the largest primary drive you could afford. Good luck - excited for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I purchased the 15" MacPro 2.5Ghz, Core i7, 512Gb SSD (2014) model its also the one with the Intel Iris Pro with Integrated Nividia Graphics card. Hopefully this machine will last me the next 3-4 years.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is the only thing I use when I need to carry it outside the house. Inside I don't use any case. This bag also comfortably carries the charger, an external hard drive and my iPad Air, plus other miscellaneous stuff.
View attachment 78129

That looks really nice. Thank you for sharing. I am new the the MacPro world. Have recently only used PC's and finally my wife told me to purchase a macbook since I am going back to school. SO here I am and ready to dwell.

We have been LONG time iPhone,iPad, and Apple TV users. Along with some other misc apple devices.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Good accessories and advice for 15" Macbook Pro

I also have the 500g ssd. I needed more space so I replaced the dvd (which I rarely use) with a hard drive bay. I bought the dvd enclosure for times when I have to read a dvd.

http://www.mcetech.com/optibay/

I am low on space again and always shuffling things around. Considering the 1T ssd. Just too expensive right now.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2