So Wednesday of this week Apple should have my New "Refurbished" 15" Retina Macbook Pro ready for pickup.

I was wondering what some good accessories you guys/gals use or could recommend for a first time macbook user.

Also any advice on apps/ or things I need to do to insure the longevity of my machine would be great. (This is my first apple mac mean machine)

Thanks
    03-01-2015 07:14 PM
    A good case and keyboard cover make two nice accessories.
    03-01-2015 07:16 PM
    I was more or less looking for specific cases people use. Same with keyboard covers/screen protectors/backpacks or sleeves.
    03-01-2015 07:23 PM
    This is the only thing I use when I need to carry it outside the house. Inside I don't use any case. This bag also comfortably carries the charger, an external hard drive and my iPad Air, plus other miscellaneous stuff.
    Attachment 78129
    03-01-2015 08:19 PM
    I use DaisyDisk to find large unneeded files to archive off. Hope you got the largest primary drive you could afford. Good luck - excited for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-01-2015 08:31 PM
    I use DaisyDisk to find large unneeded files to archive off. Hope you got the largest primary drive you could afford. Good luck - excited for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you. I purchased the 15" MacPro 2.5Ghz, Core i7, 512Gb SSD (2014) model its also the one with the Intel Iris Pro with Integrated Nividia Graphics card. Hopefully this machine will last me the next 3-4 years.
    03-01-2015 10:31 PM
    This is the only thing I use when I need to carry it outside the house. Inside I don't use any case. This bag also comfortably carries the charger, an external hard drive and my iPad Air, plus other miscellaneous stuff.
    Attachment 78129
    That looks really nice. Thank you for sharing. I am new the the MacPro world. Have recently only used PC's and finally my wife told me to purchase a macbook since I am going back to school. SO here I am and ready to dwell.

We have been LONG time iPhone,iPad, and Apple TV users. Along with some other misc apple devices.
    03-01-2015 10:33 PM
    I also have the 500g ssd. I needed more space so I replaced the dvd (which I rarely use) with a hard drive bay. I bought the dvd enclosure for times when I have to read a dvd.

http://www.mcetech.com/optibay/

I am low on space again and always shuffling things around. Considering the 1T ssd. Just too expensive right now.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    03-01-2015 10:57 PM
    Thank you. I purchased the 15" MacPro 2.5Ghz, Core i7, 512Gb SSD (2014) model its also the one with the Intel Iris Pro with Integrated Nividia Graphics card. Hopefully this machine will last me the next 3-4 years.
    It should last 3-4 years no problem. People on the forums have Yosemite running on 2008-9 MacBooks with no problems. I personally have a first gen retina 15" MBP from 2012 that is still going strong.
    03-02-2015 07:02 AM
    That looks really nice. Thank you for sharing. I am new the the MacPro world. Have recently only used PC's and finally my wife told me to purchase a macbook since I am going back to school. SO here I am and ready to dwell.

We have been LONG time iPhone,iPad, and Apple TV users. Along with some other misc apple devices.
    That Brenthaven bag won't work if you have more than one book for school but I love mine.
    03-02-2015 07:03 AM
    That Brenthaven bag won't work if you have more than one book for school but I love mine.
    Should I be worried about the keys making indentions on the screen?
    03-02-2015 01:06 PM
    Should I be worried about the keys making indentions on the screen?
    Don't think so.
    03-02-2015 01:09 PM