Where to buy MBPr in LA

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Please forgive me as i'm sure it's been asked before but searching through the forums hasn't yielded much for this (it may be that my search terms are wrong) but I am British and I am relocating to LA for a year on an 01 work visa (which I hope will get extended). Over here in the UK, the only place you can buy Apple Products really is Apple or PCWorld (which is just an awful company). The number of resellers we have here is very small in comparison to the USA and they tend to be small localised companies for the most part.

I want to buy a 13.3" Macbook Pro Retina whilst I am out in Los Angeles as I will only have my iPad and iPhone with me and I need a small, reasonably portable laptop to use (I need the Retina screen for work, video editing and music composition, so an Air would not be useful, i've looked into this).

Are there better places to buy the MBPr that offer a discount or bundled software over and above what Apple offer please? I'm not particularly familiar with the various large US stores, like Target and so on as i've never had recourse to visit them. Are there usually any sales going on at the start of the year in places like this that would be better for me to wait for before purchasing please?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Please forgive me as i'm sure it's been asked before but searching through the forums hasn't yielded much for this (it may be that my search terms are wrong) but I am British and I am relocating to LA for a year on an 01 work visa (which I hope will get extended). Over here in the UK, the only place you can buy Apple Products really is Apple or PCWorld (which is just an awful company). The number of resellers we have here is very small in comparison to the USA and they tend to be small localised companies for the most part.

I want to buy a 13.3" Macbook Pro Retina whilst I am out in Los Angeles as I will only have my iPad and iPhone with me and I need a small, reasonably portable laptop to use (I need the Retina screen for work, video editing and music composition, so an Air would not be useful, i've looked into this).

Are there better places to buy the MBPr that offer a discount or bundled software over and above what Apple offer please? I'm not particularly familiar with the various large US stores, like Target and so on as i've never had recourse to visit them. Are there usually any sales going on at the start of the year in places like this that would be better for me to wait for before purchasing please?

Well I'm not from La, but Best Buy would probably be the best option after the Apple Store.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
There's an Apple Store in the Beverly Center(Beverly Hills), The Grove(West Hollywood) & Century City on Santa Monica near Avenue of the Stars. Best Buy is in West Hollywood, Near Burbank & Near Santa Monica.

princessiphone

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Target, Walmart, etc. don't sell MacBooks. Either an electronics store like best buy or an Apple Store. No radio shack either.

Best bet is to find an Apple Store hun. There are no differences between best buys pricing and apples. And they don't give software with a purchase. At least from what I know of.

Good luck!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks folks. I'll take a trip to the Glendale Galleria store tomorrow as that's my closest store it seems.

I'm currently using my iPad for everything and whilst it's great, it's an iPad 2 and suffering with ios8 slowdown. My huge windows desktop remains back in the UK, so I desperately need a laptop for all my other computer needs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73