Im buying a new macbook pro 15" retina but Im not sure if i should buy it now or if i should wait to see if they gonna upgrade it later on with better features. When does apple usually upgrade the MacBooks?

Also, does anyone knows whats the deal apple offers on MacBooks in blackfriday?

thanks!
    11-06-2014 04:54 PM
    Im buying a new macbook pro 15" retina but Im not sure if i should buy it now or if i should wait to see if they gonna upgrade it later on with better features. When does apple usually upgrade the MacBooks?

Also, does anyone knows whats the deal apple offers on MacBooks in blackfriday?

thanks!
    Two thoughts. First, if you hesitate because there’s something new/better coming, you would never buy. There is ALWAYS something new/better coming. The question becomes one of do you need it now, or can you wait. If you buy now, the countdown clock on obsolescence has started. Fortunately, when it comes to Macs, the countdown to obsolescence is a very slow moving clock.

Second, with regard to Black Friday deals, Apple does very little. As I recall it was something like $100. That what it was for 2012 and 2013. Of course, Apple resellers will also enter the fray with discounts.
    11-06-2014 05:03 PM
    Two thoughts. First, if you hesitate because there’s something new/better coming, you would never buy. There is ALWAYS something new/better coming. The question becomes one of do you need it now, or can you wait. If you buy now, the countdown clock on obsolescence has started. Fortunately, when it comes to Macs, the countdown to obsolescence is a very slow moving clock.

Second, with regard to Black Friday deals, Apple does very little. As I recall it was something like $100. That what it was for 2012 and 2013. Of course, Apple resellers will also enter the fray with discounts.
    Hey, thanks for responding me

I don't need it now now, but my professor said that we need a computer with good screen and big. with lots of ram. It's for school. I get the student discount but i was wondering if black friday deal is better than the student deal. I get like 300 bucks less on a macbook with a student id at my school.

about features, i was thinking about a 5k screen. If i buy such an expensive computer i will die if they come up with a 5k screen next year lol.
    11-06-2014 08:21 PM
    I don't think you have to worry about a 5K screen for a 15" rMBP. The current rMBP screens are already good enough that you don't see the pixels. And the tech to drive 5K pixels doesn't even exist yet; well it will need the displayport 1.3 standard which hasn't even been released yet.
    Any student discount is likely to be more than Black Friday deals. Apple products sell without discounts so they usually only have token participation in it.
    What are you going to be doing with it? Your professor's comment of a big screen and lots of RAM is pretty vague.
    11-06-2014 09:13 PM
    I don't think you have to worry about a 5K screen for a 15" rMBP. The current rMBP screens are already good enough that you don't see the pixels. And the tech to drive 5K pixels doesn't even exist yet; well it will need the displayport 1.3 standard which hasn't even been released yet.
    Any student discount is likely to be more than Black Friday deals. Apple products sell without discounts so they usually only have token participation in it.
    What are you going to be doing with it? Your professor's comment of a big screen and lots of RAM is pretty vague.
    Well. I've been taking general education classes but next semester ill start taking engineering classes. Which im so excited about!!

It's the reason he said that which for me makes sense. only thing is that computer is beyond expensive lol... it's why i said i will be so mad if they come up next year with something new in it. Computers aint iphones or ipads which are easy to upgrade.
    11-06-2014 09:56 PM
    There will always be something newc'est last viebut a 5K screen on a 15" laptop is not likely.
    Hiri89 likes this.
    11-06-2014 09:58 PM