Switching back, but have some questions

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The trackpad isn't that bad though in windows 8, right?

Eh, it's decent. Gestures are a bit wonky sometimes (Like the charms bar gesture) and there's isn't as many gestures like on OS X (Even simple stuff like going back and forward in the browser), but I wouldn't say it's vital. Just things that make getting around a bit easier :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Another question, one guy has kind've answered it already, should I upgrade to the i7 on the 13" MBP retina? And is it possible to upgrade the RAM later, or I have to when I order it?

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Another question, one guy has kind've answered it already, should I upgrade to the i7 on the 13" MBP retina? And is it possible to upgrade the RAM later, or I have to when I order it?

Nothing is upgradeable after you buy it. I believe it is possible to buy another SSD, but the cheapest I have found was over $500. You could upgrade to 512GB or 1TB for less.
The i7 isn't much of an upgrade over the i5, but if you are going to be using CPU intensive software, it might be worth the ($100?) upgrade for you.

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nothing is upgradeable after you buy it. I believe it is possible to buy another SSD, but the cheapest I have found was over $500. You could upgrade to 512GB or 1TB for less.
The i7 isn't much of an upgrade over the i5, but if you are going to be using CPU intensive software, it might be worth the ($100?) upgrade for you.

I meant the RAM, not the storage. Could I upgrade the RAM later?

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Also, does Boot Camp have a LOT of performance, and takes advantage of all the hardware, or is Parallels 10 powerful enough? And does anyone have a picture of how Windows 8.1 scales with Boot Camp on a 13" or 15" MBP retina?

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I have much to add at this point in the thread, but I would max out the RAM at 16GB. If you can afford it, the i7 is a "nice to have" but I probably would take that couple hundred bucks and buy Apple Care instead.
Let us know what you come up with.

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I have much to add at this point in the thread, but I would max out the RAM at 16GB. If you can afford it, the i7 is a "nice to have" but I probably would take that couple hundred bucks and buy Apple Care instead.

Let us know what you come up with.

I know I ask a lot of questions, it's just I'm spending a lot of money, so I want to make sure I do it right.

I'm now thinking of getting the best 15" retina model, the one with NVIDIA graphics. 512GB is good, so I don't need to upgrade to 1TB, as that's a ripoff for me.

I wish AppleCare was longer, as I don't want to have a computer for a long time, and have the warranty expire. I might get a skin to protect the back from scratches though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods