I just purchased my new MacBook Pro 13" Retina, and I have no idea how to set up my @outlook.com email address
    It was easy to set up on my iPad and iPhone because the option is there, but on the Mac, I don't see Hotmail, or Outlook as an option? This is important for me because all my contacts are synced to that email address.
    06-20-2014 05:31 PM
    I just purchased my new MacBook Pro 13" Retina, and I have no idea how to set up my @outlook.com email address
    It was easy to set up on my iPad and iPhone because the option is there, but on the Mac, I don't see Hotmail, or Outlook as an option? This is important for me because all my contacts are synced to that email address.
    Google search is your friend:
    How to set up Mac Mail to use IMAP for Outlook.com - CNET
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc511390.aspx
    06-20-2014 06:07 PM
    Please don't be rude to him.. He's allowed to ask questions. Technically all questions can be looked at with a Google search but why do that everytime when you have awesome communities like this to help? .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    VDub2174, UJ95x, wizzrah and 3 others like this.
    06-20-2014 10:37 PM
    Please don't be rude to him.. He's allowed to ask questions. Technically all questions can be looked at with a Google search but why do that everytime when you have awesome communities like this to help? .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    You don’t know me. I was not being rude. Have you never heard the expression "give a man a fish and feed him for a day. teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"?

Telling someone to try Google is more teaching than snarking. But thanks for playing.
    06-20-2014 10:43 PM
    You dont know me. I was not being rude. Have you never heard the expression "give a man a fish and feed him for a day. teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"?

Telling someone to try Google is more teaching than snarking. But thanks for playing.
    I agree, and I did not think your reply was rude. Anyway, the main thing is helping the OP so let's keep the focus on that. Thanks...
    Beyond Fire likes this.
    06-20-2014 10:57 PM
    Have you tried other browsers?
    06-20-2014 11:01 PM
    I agree, and I did not think your reply was rude. Anyway, the main thing is helping the OP so let's keep the focus on that. Thanks...
    Maybe not rude, but against forum rules 😜

Sent from my SGH-M919 using iMore Forums mobile app
    06-20-2014 11:02 PM
    Maybe not rude, but against forum rules 

You are saying that it’s against the form rules to suggest searching for answers with Google? Really? Do tell.
    06-20-2014 11:04 PM
    Maybe not rude, but against forum rules

(Laughing)....
    06-20-2014 11:05 PM
    Yeah...
    http://forums.mobilenations.com/rule...uidelines.html

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    VDub2174 likes this.
    06-20-2014 11:09 PM
    Yeah...
    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

"discouraged" is vastly different from "violation".
    06-20-2014 11:19 PM
    "discouraged" is vastly different from "violation".
    That's not what it says 😃

06-20-2014 11:37 PM
    That's not what it says 

If you are referring to this, I did give him links:
    Telling someone to "Search" - Do not reply to a question by telling someone to do a search. Kindly suggest a search link, answer their question, or feel free not to respond.
    My reference to "discouraged" was in relation to this:
    Outside Linkage - Linking to content outside of the Mobile Nations network is discouraged, especially if the story/article/video was already published somewhere on Mobile Nations.
    06-20-2014 11:44 PM
    Maybe not rude, but against forum rules

He did provide the OP with a couple of links to answer his question. I don't think the tone was rude. Let's move on. Thank you.
    06-20-2014 11:47 PM
    If you are referring to this, I did give him links:

My reference to "discouraged" was in relation to this:
    I was referring to the Google search part. Was really unnecessary with the link already provided. I had no problem with that, as our sites don't always have the answers.

lui22 likes this.
    06-20-2014 11:48 PM
    I was referring to the Google search part. Was really unnecessary with the link already provided. I had no problem with that, as our sites don't always have the answers.

I believe the forum rules are referring to telling other users in general to search the forums before posting, or as a definitive answer, not necessarily Google searches with links on a per case basis. There is a difference between truly teaching one to fish, and just spoon-feeding the lazy ...
    06-22-2014 11:41 AM
    Well, I just used add other email account and logged in with my hotmail/outlook accounts
    06-22-2014 03:14 PM
    You dont know me. I was not being rude. Have you never heard the expression "give a man a fish and feed him for a day. teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"?

You can recommend Google for next time but also be helpful by giving advice too. Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish he'll eat for a lifetime. Right?

So feed him today and teach him for a lifetime as well! =)

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    06-22-2014 03:15 PM
    Thank you to everyone, I think I got it. Its just not push how it is on my iPad or iPhone, but it will do
    06-25-2014 10:56 PM
    Setting up Outlook mail through IMAP on my Mac is not working.
    None of the steps look like anything I am seeing on my Mac Air.
    When I go to Mail> add account> there is either Exchange or Add Other Mail Account.
    To set up the mail the way CNET shows you, you have to use the Exchange option.
    But it still won't let me set it up, so I am a bit lost here.
    Last edited by joemd60; 10-13-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    10-13-2014 09:27 PM