Outlook on Mac?

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased my new MacBook Pro 13" Retina, and I have no idea how to set up my @outlook.com email address
It was easy to set up on my iPad and iPhone because the option is there, but on the Mac, I don't see Hotmail, or Outlook as an option? This is important for me because all my contacts are synced to that email address.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Please don't be rude to him.. He's allowed to ask questions. Technically all questions can be looked at with a Google search but why do that everytime when you have awesome communities like this to help? :cool:.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

You don’t know me. I was not being rude. Have you never heard the expression "give a man a fish and feed him for a day. teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"?

Telling someone to try Google is more teaching than snarking. But thanks for playing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You don?t know me. I was not being rude. Have you never heard the expression "give a man a fish and feed him for a day. teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"?

Telling someone to try Google is more teaching than snarking. But thanks for playing.

I agree, and I did not think your reply was rude. Anyway, the main thing is helping the OP so let's keep the focus on that. Thanks...:)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased my new MacBook Pro 13" Retina, and I have no idea how to set up my @outlook.com email address
It was easy to set up on my iPad and iPhone because the option is there, but on the Mac, I don't see Hotmail, or Outlook as an option? This is important for me because all my contacts are synced to that email address.

Have you tried other browsers?

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I agree, and I did not think your reply was rude. Anyway, the main thing is helping the OP so let's keep the focus on that. Thanks...:)

Maybe not rude, but against forum rules 😜

Sent from my SGH-M919 using iMore Forums mobile app

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
That's not what it says 

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

If you are referring to this, I did give him links:
Telling someone to "Search" - Do not reply to a question by telling someone to do a search. Kindly suggest a search link, answer their question, or feel free not to respond.

My reference to "discouraged" was in relation to this:
Outside Linkage - Linking to content outside of the Mobile Nations network is discouraged, especially if the story/article/video was already published somewhere on Mobile Nations.

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
If you are referring to this, I did give him links:

My reference to "discouraged" was in relation to this:

I was referring to the Google search part. Was really unnecessary with the link already provided. I had no problem with that, as our sites don't always have the answers.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I was referring to the Google search part. Was really unnecessary with the link already provided. I had no problem with that, as our sites don't always have the answers.

I believe the forum rules are referring to telling other users in general to search the forums before posting, or as a definitive answer, not necessarily Google searches with links on a per case basis. There is a difference between truly teaching one to fish, and just spoon-feeding the lazy ...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
You don?t know me. I was not being rude. Have you never heard the expression "give a man a fish and feed him for a day. teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"?

You can recommend Google for next time but also be helpful by giving advice too. Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish he'll eat for a lifetime. Right?

So feed him today and teach him for a lifetime as well! =)

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you to everyone, I think I got it. Its just not push how it is on my iPad or iPhone, but it will do :rotfl:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Setting up Outlook mail through IMAP on my Mac is not working.
None of the steps look like anything I am seeing on my Mac Air.
When I go to Mail> add account> there is either Exchange or Add Other Mail Account.
To set up the mail the way CNET shows you, you have to use the Exchange option.
But it still won't let me set it up, so I am a bit lost here.

Last edited: