I'm having trouble setting up iMessage on my rMBP. Can you help me?

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, back with another question 😅
I'm having trouble with iMessage/Messaging on my rMBP. I was able to set FaceTime with my Apple ID, which is the same on I used with Messaging, but it keeps saying that I'm not logged into the app. I have clicked on log in but my password is always incorrect, and I'm 100% sure it's the same one as my FaceTime one.

If it matters, I used my G-Mail account as my Apple ID because I was no longer eligible for a free iCloud account for some reason.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: iMessage

It seems to me that you have so much intertwined that you might need to completely start from the beginning with all this.
Maybe someone else has another idea.

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: iMessage

It seems to me that you have so much intertwined that you might need to completely start from the beginning with all this.
Maybe someone else has another idea.
Too many apps associated with the Gmail account? :straight-face:
Well I did try to set up the iMessage account first, and the FaceTime account second. If nobody else has any tips I guess I'll just call Apple and see if they can help at all.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, back with another question ��
I'm having trouble with iMessage/Messaging on my rMBP. I was able to set FaceTime with my Apple ID, which is the same on I used with Messaging, but it keeps saying that I'm not logged into the app. I have clicked on log in but my password is always incorrect, and I'm 100% sure it's the same one as my FaceTime one.

If it matters, I used my G-Mail account as my Apple ID because I was no longer eligible for a free iCloud account for some reason.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

My setup sounds identical to yours. Gmail for my Apple ID, which is used for iMessage, FaceTime, and App Store/iTunes.

Try signing out of FaceTime, and reboot the Mac. Then try signing into iMessage and see if that helps. If so, then sign in to FaceTime. Could just be a temporary issue.

Edit: just saw Led's suggestion. That's a good option to try.

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
OK. I was finally able to get online with Apple chat support and it looks like it should be working now. That was a rather complicated issue. Don't think I ever would have fixed it myself :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR