Apple Care on Macbooks?

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to purchase my first Macbook (Still not sure if I'd be buying a MBA or rMBP). I had a few quick questions.

1. Does Apple Care apply to Macbooks purchased from other retailers? In this case Best Buy...

2. What's the standard Apple Care plan? I believe it's one year free or more years if you upgrade the plan.

3. What does the standard plan cover, and can I later upgrade to an Apple Care plan if I didn't originally do it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
1. Yes you can purchase Apple Care even if you bought your Mac from an Authorized Retailer

2. One year for Maintenance, 90 days for Call in tech support both for free

3. Check out this link Apple - Support - AppleCare - Mac and Apple Display

If you don't get Apple Care right away, you're able to purchase it as long as you're still within you one year warranty period

Awesome. Thanks 😃

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I am considering buying the AppleCare, I have it for my iphone 5S

Sent from my iPhone 5S

If you are prone to dropping phones, or currently have insurance on a phone from the carrier, then Apple Care for 2 years is $100 (last I checked). That's about $4 per month, which is a lot cheaper then a plan from Verizon, as example, at $10 per month. Apple Care doesn't cover the device if lost, but will repair about any problem with no deductible (best check). Verizon's iPhone deductible is $200, but covers a lost phone.

Apple recently replaced the battery on my 4S that was 21 mos. old. Free, and handled at the Apple Store locally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73