I need help with a conundrum, folks. We finally convinced IT to switch the marketing dept to Macs. I am purchasing a new main machine. On a daily basis I use my machine for:
    Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom. Also over the next year I plan on adding more video to my workload, mainly work in FinalCut.

I'm weighing using the rMBP so that I'm portable, vs an iMac which I can get with a few more upgrades.

Option One: 15" Retina Macbook with all upgrade options. I would hook up to my NEC monitor when in the office.
    Option Two: 27" iMac with all upgrades (except probably with 1TB Fusion instead of SSD).

I am really drawn to having my main machine be portable, but at the expense the faster GPU, CPU, more RAM I could get with the iMac? Any opinions or personal experience? Thanks!
    04-12-2014 09:09 AM
    The retina macbook is a pretty powerful machine. I would chose the portable if someone else was buying it. What do you use at home?
    04-12-2014 10:07 AM
    At home I use a Macbook, no desktop. Although it's sorely in need of an upgrade . . . much easier to upgrade on someone else's dollar
    04-12-2014 10:37 AM
    At home I use a Macbook, no desktop. Although it's sorely in need of an upgrade . . . much easier to upgrade on someone else's dollar
    Yeah I agree. If you take the desktop you won't be able to use it at home so go with the portable macbook
    04-12-2014 12:08 PM