MacBook Pro 13" 2012 Charging

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So I have a question is it unhealthy that my MacBook Pro is always charging on my desk? I bought it may 2013 I use it for a couple mins every day sometimes even more but leave It charged because I hate when I need it the battery is dead. Any advise?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Too much charging can degrade the battery at some point in time. Why not just unplug the battery and leave the device plugged in to the wall?

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
It's all explained here! Apple - Batteries - Notebooks

Basically, Apple prefers the most a commuter profile. Charging at night, unloading during the day. But just read the article and you'll get your answer.

Apple doesn't really explain if you use it at home though. I have a desktop and a laptop. My desktop is windows based and I use that for architecture stuff but other than that, since getting a macbook I find myself using it far less. It's faster, smoother and I like being able to be portable when I need to.

If I use my laptop for an hour hear and an hour there and plug it in when I am using it but unplug it when it's in standby is that ok? If I'm just doing something light on it or am working in bed I don't bother plugging it in. But if I'm working on homework or projects or playing minecraft I plug it in so I can use max brightness without draining battery. Is this ok? I've had windows laptop batteries all die within 2-3 years as well as chargers so I'm really trying to take the best care I can so it can last as long as possible. The more times I drain the battery down the less cycles I have.

I think I need to save up and replace the windows desktop with a iMac or Mac Pro at some point lol I'll wait until I'm full fledged in my career before I do that though. That might cut down usage on my MBP at home lol. I just can't use windows after using Mac. It's so buttery smooth and convenient :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73