Apart from the Usual line, that oh well yeah ! You see a Mac is a Mac after all... Does anyone have a real genuine, advantage point that Macbook has over a Windows PC that a Lot of the DJ's these days prefer Mac during a Live Performance. I know Mac is Slick and Fast and all that...But really is that it ? is that all ? why Mac is prefered over Windows PC for DJ ?

What the heck is so special about a MAC in DJing ?? lol !!
    11-18-2013 08:51 AM
    Better apps... ease of use... reliability... stability of the OS... it's what they know... personal preference...
    11-18-2013 09:38 AM
    Ok the dope I found was,

1. No fear of OS crashing, machine hanging etc...

2. Faster boot up just incase the OS Hangs or crashes.

3. No issues to worry about the laptop's sound card being compatible with MSDI ( if I have got the name correct )

4. Tons of DJing APPS to choose from.

5. And last it is kinda uber cool to own and posses a APPLE product, imagine the kind of super cool image the DJ will have on the crowd with the Apple Logo glowing on the Mac on the DJ console, people who already are a ghetto of people who believe in doing things ostentatiously !!
    11-18-2013 10:40 AM
    Ok the dope I found was,

1. No fear of OS crashing, machine hanging etc...

2. Faster boot up just incase the OS Hangs or crashes.

3. No issues to worry about the laptop's sound card being compatible with MSDI ( if I have got the name correct )

4. Tons of DJing APPS to choose from.

5. And last it is kinda uber cool to own and posses a APPLE product, imagine the kind of super cool image the DJ will have on the crowd with the Apple Logo glowing on the Mac on the DJ console, people who already are a ghetto of people who believe in doing things ostentatiously !!
    1. Your number 1 reason is the #1 reason . I have had issues with Windows needing a restart after automatic updates i thought i turned off, or choosing the worse possible time to do some other automatic task that is resource heavy. I since learned my lesson to turn every remotely auto task to off .

2. The backlit keyboard ( yet to see one live on set without backlit keyboard) is a huge bonus when DJing in poorly lit venues.

3. Is partially true, there is one standard for Apple so it just makes hardware compatibility a breeze. It comes in very handy if you play at different venues ; just plug your Macbook into whatever mixer setup the venue has without having to worry about finding the right drivers for the device.

As far as DJ software goes Apple doesn't have any advantage over Windows.
    07-01-2014 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD