15" rMBP Safari scrolling stutter

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a late 2013 rMBP 15" 2.3/16/512 two weeks ago. This is my first Mac, ever. I have read about scrolling stutter/lag with previous generation rMBP's. That made me wonder and I noticed that when in Safari scrolling through Facebook and TheVerge, the two websites will stutter. It's worse when browsing TheVerge, of course. And sometimes I don't have the issue while scrolling through Facebook. Other websites, like iMore, scroll extremely smoothly. The stutter/lag isn't horrible, but it's still there and makes me wonder if it is normal? I've searched everywhere, especially with google. I wasn't able to find any information with the late 2013 rMBP's scrolling issues. Other than that little issue, the computer performs flawlessly. Should I be worried about this scrolling stutter?

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm just studying it too hard. It's very subtle. A normal user wouldn't notice it. I don't play games or video/photo editing either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
you're not running it at a resolution other than the "best for retina" one are you? On my 13" its fine on normal but as soon as i switch to a scaled resolution there's a small amount of stutter on image / script heavy websites. Nothing really deal breaking, but it's there

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep. That's one thing I failed to mention. I run it at a scaled resolution, 1680x1050. You're right about it not being a deal breaker, but it's there. Though not always. Thanks for the reply.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2