The New MacBook Pro - Are you going to buy one?

Mason Rasmussen

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I got one yesterday. It is my first macbook and I think it rocks! I'm still trying to get the hang of using a non-PC laptop but so far I'm enjoying it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm ordering my 13" i7 tomorrow! I'm going to go with 8GB of RAM because I personally feel I'll probably be ready for a new computer before that ceases to be enough for what I do...and I think I'm going to go minimalistic on internal storage, because I have to carry a flex drive with me all the time anyways for work, so I can just use that if I start getting to where my storage resources are low. I'm really excited! I would have bought one in store last weekend but they were not able to get me one with the i7 processor in 13", all they had were i5's, which is probably sufficient, but coming from an i7 machine, I wanted to replace like for like.

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered one last night so currently going through the insanity that is refreshing the page waiting for a dispatch notification! First mac laptop for me, last time I used a mac for any length of time was about 12 years ago so it's gonna be a bit of a learning curve while I get back into it.

I was originally planning on getting an MBA but decided to wait and see what the pro refresh brought along. Glad I did in the end - I was about to say they're the same price now so its daft not to, but I did end up adding a few extra bits on in the end :D Still, MacBook Pro for a few hundred quid more, with a smaller footprint than the 13" air and a retina screen? Rude not to really

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, my MacBook has finally failed to function for me. I hear the startup chime and then the white light at the front of the device lights up briefly and then disappears. Nothing ever appears on the screen. Been troubleshooting for the past hour. Will probably take off the case after dinner and hopefully, before the Miami vs Virginia Tech game. If I can't get it going then I will be making plans to get a new MacBook Pro.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm ordering my 13" i7 tomorrow! I'm going to go with 8GB of RAM because I personally feel I'll probably be ready for a new computer before that ceases to be enough for what I do...and I think I'm going to go minimalistic on internal storage, because I have to carry a flex drive with me all the time anyways for work, so I can just use that if I start getting to where my storage resources are low. I'm really excited! I would have bought one in store last weekend but they were not able to get me one with the i7 processor in 13", all they had were i5's, which is probably sufficient, but coming from an i7 machine, I wanted to replace like for like.

Nice! You're not considering swapping out the internal storage, or are the Retina models (you mentioned this to me in another thread) not conducive to modifying?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After returning home from a dinner outing, my MacBook started up as if nothing was wrong. Go figure!...#smh...Whatever was preventing it from starting earlier, I hope it straightened itself out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2