Although not perfect, the fingerprint scanner on the iPhone 5S is arguably a success. Having said that, and I know fingerprint scanners have been on laptops before because I used to have one, would it be a welcomed addition to the MacBook Pro line at this point?
    10-22-2013 10:38 AM
    Better would be using touchID on an iPhone to unlock your Mac...
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-22-2013 10:40 AM
    Better would be using touchID on an iPhone to unlock your Mac...
    ​I like that idea...
    10-22-2013 10:42 AM
    Although not perfect, the fingerprint scanner on the iPhone 5S is arguably a success. Having said that, and I know fingerprint scanners have been on laptops before because I used to have one, would it be a welcomed addition to the MacBook Pro line at this point?
    My sister-in-law has a fingerprint scanner on her Lenovo laptop... it’s a real PITA to use... so much so, that she disabled it... I’m sure that Apple would not put TouchID on any device before they had perfected it, so, why not. As with the iPhone 5S, you can always opt to not use it... or just enter the password instead...
    10-22-2013 11:09 AM
    Honestly, I don't think I'd use it. I RARELY would leave my house with my laptop, just to travel occasionally or take to the occasional consultation, but I know I'd end up disabling it other than while traveling or at a consult.
    10-22-2013 03:01 PM
    I wouldn't mind the option, but I don't think I would want to pay more for it...I also doubt I'd use it much because of how a notebook sits when you're working on it, it wouldn't really be all that comfortable as a consistent requirement for security. I mean, as it sits, I have password protection from the very basic general access to the computer all the way down to individual apps...I doubt I'd want to put in a finger print scan as often as I'm having to input passwords during a normal day's work flow.
    10-22-2013 03:21 PM
    I would have to say no, at least for me. I have it set up on my 5S now and only use it about 50% of the time. Since it has the front camera, perhaps facial recognition would be a good idea...

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.
    10-25-2013 10:19 PM