MacBook Pro 15inch Retina compatible with samsung 27inch hd led monitor

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone i am looking for some help so i have a 27inch samsung LED HD Monitor and it works fine with my work laptop however when i plug the hdmi cable into the my macbook nothing displays but a gray screen i can't see anything. Is this normal the macbook pro that i have has a HDMI port so why would this not work thanks for your help in advance....

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
There's several things that could be at play here.. the least of which the monitor being incompatible.

• Have you rebooted the MacBook while the HDMI cable was plugged in? Sometimes that's all it takes
  • Have you checked the display settings? When you plug it in you should still be able to see the display on your MacBook, go to Settings and see what it says or if it is even finding the Samsung display
  • Try hitting Command & F1 together. This will mirror the displays in which case, both should flicker a bit indicating it's being detected
  • Bit of a daft question but have you checked the HDMI cable as well to ensure it's properly working?
  • Do you have any apps running in fullscreen when you try to connect? If so, stop running them full screen

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone i am looking for some help so i have a 27inch samsung LED HD Monitor and it works fine with my work laptop however when i plug the hdmi cable into the my macbook nothing displays but a gray screen i can't see anything. Is this normal the macbook pro that i have has a HDMI port so why would this not work thanks for your help in advance....

Mine works. I just tested with a 32" Sony Bravia television. As soon as I plugged in the HDMI cable, I saw the display mirrored on the tv. I didn’t have to change any settings at all.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I will give this a try i did not do a reboot since it didn't have to with my other laptop which is a lenovo for work. I will let you know if works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77