Huge "Atta-boy" to my local Apple Store

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a 15" retina MacBook Pro - I bought it on launch day in June, 2012. Many reported issues with the image burn-in and image ghosting with the retina screen, but I did not. However, over the course of the past 14-15 months, I began to notice the image ghosting issues. I finally got annoyed with it yesterday, and called Apple to complain. The phone tech hooked me up with a Genius Bar appointment at my local Apple Store at the Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale AZ.

I went to the store at the appointed time, met with a genius who took my rMBP into the back and ran their video test on it. A few minutes later he returned and said that, in fact, my laptop failed the test and that they would replace the LCD panel under warranty. Fortunately they had one LCD in stock and put my name on it. The bad news was that the store was backed up in the repair department, and the genius quoted 3-5 days for the repair. I explained that it was my only computer, that I was working through a job change, and could not be without it for that long. I tried to get him to hold the part, put my name on the list and have them call me when they were ready to do the work. They could not do that. If I didn?t leave the laptop at that time, "my" replacement LCD would not be reserved, and when I did bring the laptop back for repair, I?d be put at the end of the list.

Reluctantly, I left my MBP to be repaired. The genius wrote the work order (timestamp was 3:06 pm), and I left the store without my computer. At 4:40pm yesterday afternoon I got a call from Apple saying that my laptop repair was completed and my MBP was ready for me to pick up. So this 3-5 day repair took a total of just over 90 minutes to complete. They pushed me through, and I so appreciate it.

Fantastic support from my local Apple store is just one reason why I am such a huge fan.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Outstanding, and that is why Apple's customer service is indeed top-notch...:)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
For me, Apple support isn't that great. But that's because we don't have an Apple store.

I REALLY WANT ONE!

You'd think that with an estimated 4.47M population, that Apple would consider having a physical presence in NZ.
National Population Estimates: At 30 June 2013 - Statistics New Zealand
There are likely other criteria (economic) they use when deciding where to invest and locate stores. Assuming NZ economic policies and laws support it, the population level appears sufficient.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
You'd think that with an estimated 4.47M population, that Apple would consider having a physical presence in NZ.
National Population Estimates: At 30 June 2013 - Statistics New Zealand
There are likely other criteria (economic) they use when deciding where to invest and locate stores. Assuming NZ economic policies and laws support it, the population level appears sufficient.
I think the government made a deal with the largest 3rd party Apple reseller(or Apple) because they claimed many people would be laid off. Well, can't Apple just employ the workers at the 3rd part place that way everybody is happy?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
@Fausty82 ... They do a great job at that Apple Store, as that is my local Apple Store as well.

I have never had a bad experience there. But with that said, it’s ALWAYS a mad house. They definitely need a bigger/additional Apple store in the west valley... I’d love to see them move the Arrowhead store into a larger space and open another store in the Avondale area... the east valley has 3 stores and central Phoenix has one.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have never had a bad experience there. But with that said, it?s ALWAYS a mad house. They definitely need a bigger/additional Apple store in the west valley... I?d love to see them move the Arrowhead store into a larger space and open another store in the Avondale area... the east valley has 3 stores and central Phoenix has one.

I couldn't agree with you more! West Valley needs more Love! Hope your day is fantastic!

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
To OP that's what real customer service is!

Outstanding, and that is why Apple's customer service is indeed top-notch...:)

I couldn't agree with you more. Customer service is as important as getting a good/lasting device, knowing that no matter where in the world you are they back you up is priceless. I've had great experiences with Apple in the U.S and in Colombia where even though we don't have an original Apple Store, we have a lot of stores selling the products and two premium resellers that do and outstanding job with warranties and tech support.

A couple of months ago a friend of mine wanted to buy a new computer, I advised her to buy a Mac but she was reluctant for many (silly) reasons and myths and stuck to a PC and I remember that I talked to different representatives from Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Lenovo etc. and they all told her that if something went wrong with the laptop and she needed a swap or tech service she couldn't get it in Spain (where she lives) and had to send it back because the device was bought in Latin America and they all vary depending on the zone they were made, which is ridiculous from my point of view...So thank you Apple for taking customer service so seriously.

perryfamily10

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I have never had a bad experience there. But with that said, it?s ALWAYS a mad house. They definitely need a bigger/additional Apple store in the west valley... I?d love to see them move the Arrowhead store into a larger space and open another store in the Avondale area... the east valley has 3 stores and central Phoenix has one.

I totally agree! I live in Buckeye and I never drive to that side of town but have been to the apple store several times the last few months just because so it would be nice if there was a bigger store farther west.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox