Google Chrome Start-Up

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I believe that i have all my settings correct, however Google Chrome does not open at start-up. Safari has been closed(but not uninstalled). The Chrome icon, on the dock, has been set to "open at log-in", but when i log in, it bounces and gets the little blue dot underneath it, but doesn't open. When i check the icon's options, "open at log-in" has been unchecked somehow. All this because my homepage of choice, iGoogle, is being deactivated next month. My wife has jokingly said that Google browser and homepage are too much for Apple to take, haha. Do i need to uninstall Safari, in order to get Chrome to work? Thanks for any help.:confused:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You do not need to uninstall Safari.

Easiest thing to do is to just leave it running and use the shutdown option that says to restore all the currently open apps.

Also try going into Preferences app, user, login items and making sure Chrome is listed there.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll use option #1, as i don't completely understand option #2. Under login items within preferences, where do i type in "chrome"?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, at work so I don't have my Mac handy so the I don't know the exact titles. But, in Preferences, you should have an icon for "Users". Select that. On that you should have a list on the left of your users. Select your user. On the right should be some general info about the account. On top of that should be two tabs. One is for the general info you are looking at. The other should say something like "login items". Select that tab. You should see a list of apps that start when you login. Below that should be +/- to add/remove them. Click the +. I think it pops open a Finder picker where you can navigate to your Applications folder and select Chrome.

Got it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I had way too many apps running at "start-up". It's all good now.:)