I just wanted to say how the heck did I wait so long to make the jump lol. I was visiting my friend over the weekend and helping her with her windows computer and it was awful. It really brought me back to all the constant problems I had with my previous laptops and made me appreciate my beautiful new piece of equipment even more.

I do have one question, On my original post a nice member posted a link to another thread with helpful tips and I saw a couple people write about open disk utility and repair disk but I can't find those things. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated
    08-28-2013 10:05 PM
    I just wanted to say how the heck did I wait so long to make the jump lol. I was visiting my friend over the weekend and helping her with her windows computer and it was awful. It really brought me back to all the constant problems I had with my previous laptops and made me appreciate my beautiful new piece of equipment even more.

I do have one question, On my original post a nice member posted a link to another thread with helpful tips and I saw a couple people write about open disk utility and repair disk but I can't find those things. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated
    Was this the post?

http://forums.imore.com/report.php?p=2045947

If not, could you explain what issue you are having or what the basic question is? We might be able to answer it again for you...
    08-28-2013 10:17 PM
    Was this the post?

http://forums.imore.com/report.php?p=2045947

If not, could you explain what issue you are having or what the basic question is? We might be able to answer it again for you...
    Yes that is the thread and you are the awesome user that linked it on my original post, though that link takes you to a report page. I am actually looking for it on my actual laptop, I have searched under system preferences with no luck. Sorry if this is a completely obvious question and I am being dense lol.
    08-28-2013 10:31 PM
    In your Applications folder, there's a Utilities sub-folder... Disk Utility is in that...
    08-28-2013 10:39 PM
    Yes that is the thread and you are the awesome user that linked it on my original post, though that link takes you to a report page. I am actually looking for it on my actual laptop, I have searched under system preferences with no luck. Sorry if this is a completely obvious question and I am being dense lol.
    Disk Utility is in the Utility folder within the Applications folder...

1. Launch Disk Utility
    2. In the left pane, click on the disk (the name indented under your MBP hard drive - by default its labeled Macintosh HD
    3. Click the VERIFY DISK PERMISSIONS and let it run.
    4. Click the REPAIR DISK PERMISSIONS and let it run.
    Attached Thumbnails Point me back to open disk utility and repair disk, please?-screen-shot-2013-08-28-7.41.18-pm.png  
    08-28-2013 10:43 PM
    Thank you both, I knew it was something simple I was completely overlooking.
    08-28-2013 10:54 PM
    Could you also tell me how you take a screenshot of your display?

Disk Utility is in the Utility folder within the Applications folder...

1. Launch Disk Utility
    2. In the left pane, click on the disk (the name indented under your MBP hard drive - by default it’s labeled Macintosh HD
    3. Click the VERIFY DISK PERMISSIONS and let it run.
    4. Click the REPAIR DISK PERMISSIONS and let it run.
    08-28-2013 11:03 PM
    Could you also tell me how you take a screenshot of your display?
    The defaults are
    • Command + Shift + 3 for full screen.
    • Command + Shift + 4 for user selectable area.
    • Command + Shift + 4 then SPACEBAR then mouse click for screen capture of a specific application window.

To capture the Disk Utility screen, I used the last option.

They are configurable via the Keyboard / Shortcuts System Preferences panel.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 08-28-2013 at 11:31 PM.
    08-28-2013 11:09 PM